PDA

View Full Version : Sanding Pad Recomendations!

Kurt Aebi
11-22-2005, 7:36 AM
My wife was using my new 2" foam sanding pad I got from Packard Woodworks. It is the one with the white foam and uses hook & loop paper. It was doing a very good job until she got too close to the chuck and it got caught and was ripped cleanly off at the mandrel. I was able to glue the pad back on with some CA, but I think I still want to get a new one.

Does anybody have a preference for a certain one and why? I would like to do some research before getting th enew one. From what I've seen - I like this type of sanding and want to get the best one for the money.

Thanks for your input - you guys are probably the best help anyone can ask for - I've learned quite a lot from you all already.

Travis Stinson
11-22-2005, 8:23 AM
Kurt, I really like the Tom Skilton pads. They cost a little bit more, but hold up very well. I can get about a year out of one before I beat it up too much:rolleyes: . http://www.turningwood.com/sanding.htm

Loy Hawes
11-22-2005, 2:08 PM
I also use the one Travis recommended. It is a pretty durable pad. They can also be found at Craft Supplies Usa.

Kurt Aebi
11-22-2005, 2:38 PM
Thanks, Guys!

I knew I could count on you.

Steve Knowlton
11-22-2005, 3:59 PM
Kurt, Our Club Is All Using The Pad And Mandrel From Abrasives Resource. They Have A Good Deal On Sandpaper Also. It Is Premium Blue Paper Type. You Might Check Out Thier Web Site

Jim Ketron
11-22-2005, 6:28 PM
Kurt I have been using the one from Packard its the pro model "Black" I have been using it for close to a year and still going strong its $14.95
item #127202