PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 problem Create system repair disk...

Chuck Wintle
07-15-2018, 10:44 AM
Just trying to create system repair disk and always with the error "System repair disk could not be created"..."The parameter is incorrect" . Have looked and looekd for a solution to no avail so I was wondering if someone else has seen this issue and found the solution? thx.

Roy Petersen
07-15-2018, 11:25 AM
Did you find this thread in your search?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk-could-not-be-created-the/60b1c7d5-4ad0-4eab-b49b-5d9ce8f02472

Chuck Wintle
07-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Did you find this thread in your search?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk-could-not-be-created-the/60b1c7d5-4ad0-4eab-b49b-5d9ce8f02472
It did not work....no idea why..:confused:

Grant Wilkinson
07-17-2018, 7:37 AM
Is your windows installation OEM or retail?

Chuck Wintle
07-17-2018, 9:05 AM
Is your windows installation OEM or retail?

its what was installed on the laptop when i bought it. Windows 7 home Edition but since new I have removed all dell software and changed the original HD to an SSD.

Grant Wilkinson
07-17-2018, 7:48 PM
When you re-installed windows on the SSD, what did you use for installation disks? I am asking because the issue you are having sometimes occurs with OEM installations.

If you used the installation disks that came with the laptop, as opposed to buying a new retail version, the odds are that your installation is an OEM installation. You can verify that by opening Control Panel,then System. Under Windows Activation, you will see the product id number. Does yours have OEM in it?

Chuck Wintle
07-18-2018, 7:23 AM
When you re-installed windows on the SSD, what did you use for installation disks? I am asking because the issue you are having sometimes occurs with OEM installations.

If you used the installation disks that came with the laptop, as opposed to buying a new retail version, the odds are that your installation is an OEM installation. You can verify that by opening Control Panel,then System. Under Windows Activation, you will see the product id number. Does yours have OEM in it?
Yes the id number has OEM in it. I used a utility to migrate windows from the HDD to the SSD which worked quite well. :D

Grant Wilkinson
07-18-2018, 8:29 AM
@Chuck. If you have the original disks from Dell, you can use them if you need recovery. If you do not, go onto Dell.com and search on recovery disk. You will find articles that may work for you. The issue comes up from time to time when OEM installations lack some basic parameters that Windows is looking for in creating media in the "normal" way.

Chuck Wintle
07-18-2018, 9:46 AM
@Chuck. If you have the original disks from Dell, you can use them if you need recovery. If you do not, go onto Dell.com and search on recovery disk. You will find articles that may work for you. The issue comes up from time to time when OEM installations lack some basic parameters that Windows is looking for in creating media in the "normal" way.
So what i finally did was create a system repair disk on another computer. I tested it and it works. So maybe there is no easy resolution to the original problem but an easy workaround exists.