PDA

View Full Version : Hope this works out

Jerome Stanek
07-14-2018, 3:34 PM
I have been in contact with an Ebay seller that seems to sell mostly lasers and CNCs along with their equipment. I ordered a 1060 130watt with a 5200 chiller and rotary they were very helpful so far and wanted to send me training material and they are sending a tracking number. I know what everyone says about Ebay but I see that they have a lot of good feed back and there is a lot of feed back on their lasers. I just hope this works out. I needed a larger bed to do the work that is coming up that the company that i cut for has coming in. I could fall back on the CNC to cut it but they wanted the nicer finish on the cuts. I was told it was shipping out Monday and the contact person answers in the day so I don't think they are in China.

Jerome Stanek
07-16-2018, 5:39 PM
Just a quick update. The laser is on a Fedex truck heading this way supposed to get here Wednesday.

Mike Null
07-16-2018, 6:10 PM
Keep us posted. So far so good. Good luck!

Jerome Stanek
07-17-2018, 6:34 PM
Well I picked it up at FEDEX and started to set it up. the hardest part was uncrating it and putting the casters on. Everything looks good and I did a test fire. one mirror had to be adjusted just a little but I got it centered. I will post some pictures when I have more time.

Kev Williams
07-17-2018, 11:26 PM
Pics! :D

I wouldn't mind some info on your machine, I've been trying to talk my BIL into getting another machine for his operation, as his 12 year old LS800 is only firing at half power, and the ULS is 21 years old now! He needs another machine just to keep up with his work load, but really needs it for backup!

Jerome Stanek
07-18-2018, 11:57 AM
here are a few pic

Jerome Stanek
07-18-2018, 3:19 PM
I worked with Monica from goldraydigital She sent me the best deal I got the 130 watt 1060 with a CW5000 chiller and rotary for about the same price as their 100 watt I did have to have it shipped to a business or it would have been $400 more. It came Fedex and the Fedex freight is closer then the company that I had it shipped to so I called and arranged for me to pick it up. I did get it 1 day sooner that way as well. So far it looks to be 3 time faster cutting the same acrylic and design that I cut on my smaller unit. I think I may put the smaller LG 500 up for sale

Jerome Stanek
07-19-2018, 6:28 PM
It is marked a an HL Lasercut but I really don't know what the actual brand is. The Reci tube says it is 150Watt but I will keep the power down to what they recommend. Maybe Dave Sheldrake will chime in with what brand he thinks it is.

Kev Williams
07-20-2018, 12:52 AM
the 150w marking on the tube is likely their 'as tested' figure, and I read somewhere once that they test at 32mA... my 80w RECI shows tested at 110w...

Jerome Stanek
07-26-2018, 6:32 PM
so far so good the only problem was the crappy casters they sent. I went to Harbor Freight and bought some nice heavy duty ones. One question about the chiller are the fans in the back supposed to run all the time or just when the chiller starts the cooling cycle.

Bill George
07-26-2018, 6:37 PM
Is it a refrigerated chiller? If so my fan runs all the time, I can hear the compressor kick in and out.

Doug Fisher
07-26-2018, 7:12 PM
My experience is the same as Bill's except for occasionally during the coldest parts of the winter when my basement is in the low 60's or lower. The fans can occasionally cycle on and off when it is that cold.

You ought to scan your tube's barcode to make sure you have a genuine RECI:
http://www.recilaser.com/en/index.php?m=&c=Index&a=show&catid=13&id=34

Kev Williams
07-26-2018, 10:36 PM
I love my new CW-5200 because the fan's DON'T run all the time. When I got it (about 3-4 months ago) I got an email stating I was getting an 'upgraded model'... This thing runs dead quiet, can't even hear the water pump. The fans start up ONLY when the compressor starts, and they run on for about 15 seconds after the compressor shuts down...

Jerome Stanek
07-30-2018, 12:19 PM
Yes it is a chiller CW5000 and it has the smart setup. I just checked and the compressor kicks on but the fans don't I have a call into the place I bought it from but haven't heard back yet. I just checked the MA meter and at 90% power I am getting 28 MA so I will stay just below that as Reci says that 28 MA is the max it should run at.

Jerome Stanek
08-03-2018, 1:27 PM
Update to the fans They are shipping out 2 new ones after I made a video of what is happening. They think maybe a bad batch of fans but they said they didn't have 2 fail in one machine.

John Lifer
08-03-2018, 6:59 PM
Might be a relay or poor wiring if both aren't working. Sounds fishy that both would be bad Jerome.

I think I'd be taking them out (got to anyway, figuring out what voltage (120 or DC) and testing them. (unless you did, I didn't see where you posted any troubleshooting results) That really is one in a million if both are truly bad.

Jerome Stanek
08-03-2018, 8:48 PM
That was one of the things that I did. I was getting 120 volts to the fans in the chiller and then I took them out and tested each one. Neither would spin up.

Doug Fisher
08-04-2018, 11:38 AM
>>I will stay just below that as Reci says that 28 MA is the max it should run at.<<

There is a max number and a long life number. I would not run at the max number if not necessary.

Is that chiller a D&N versus an S&A? Your picture is really blurry so it is hard to tell.

John Lifer
08-04-2018, 5:43 PM
Dang, that is strange. Hope the new ones work.

Jerome Stanek
08-05-2018, 7:31 AM
Yes it is a DN and I think the new ones should work as I hooked up the old ones to a standard 110 volt line and they did not spin. when I first got it one did spin slowly but then it blew a fuse and then didn't work after that

Jerome Stanek
08-07-2018, 9:14 AM
I just got a tracking number for the fans and they should be here today. I will let you know how it goes. the customer service is very good. I bought my laser from Goldraydigital it says it is a HL Lasercut and my contact is Monica Li she was very helpful

Matt McCoy
08-07-2018, 11:58 AM
You might consider looking upstream from the fans for any issues that might have caused both to fail, before installing the new pair.

Bill George
08-07-2018, 12:51 PM
Is the unit 110/220 volt and perhaps your running on 110? Maybe the fans were wired across the 220 and in series, so on 110 (120) volts they don't run at all.

John Lifer
08-07-2018, 5:00 PM
I think I might meter the lines that plug into the fans. See what voltage and if it has voltage that matches the fans. (whatever they are)
I know my pump comes on immediately, then after about 30 seconds the fans kick in with the compressor to pull temp down as setpoint is about a degree below my basement temp this time of year. Takes about 2 minutes for a degree and a half, so you have some time.

Jerome Stanek
08-07-2018, 6:45 PM
I already tried the meter and I was getting the correct voltage. I just installed the fans and they run perfectly. Very happy with Goldraydigital and Monica Li and their team. love how fast this laser cuts. I used to run one job on my old laser and it would take 3minutes and 30 seconds to cut now I can cut it in 1 minute even that really helps when I have 200 pieces to cut.

John Lifer
08-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Great! still strange that both were dead. Keep eye on them! don't want to fry the compressor

Eric Brust
02-18-2019, 8:58 PM
here are a few pic

Hi Jerome,

Wondering if you could give a small 'hope this turns out' update. I've been looking around at options for a laser, and had wound up looking at this same model, as it seemed to be well equipped with accessories for the price. Searching for reviews, I stumbled on your thread here.

Do you have any regrets as of today after having owned this laser for a while? Anything about the laser itself you dislike or would change? I'm curious if you can hang material out of the front/back (pass-through), I can't tell from the way the lid opens if you can hang material out or not.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide. I know most say stay away from the Ebay lasers... but I'm willing to consider based on actual owner feedback.

regards
Eric Brust

Jerome Stanek
02-19-2019, 6:50 AM
Hi Jerome,

Wondering if you could give a small 'hope this turns out' update. I've been looking around at options for a laser, and had wound up looking at this same model, as it seemed to be well equipped with accessories for the price. Searching for reviews, I stumbled on your thread here.

Do you have any regrets as of today after having owned this laser for a while? Anything about the laser itself you dislike or would change? I'm curious if you can hang material out of the front/back (pass-through), I can't tell from the way the lid opens if you can hang material out or not.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide. I know most say stay away from the Ebay lasers... but I'm willing to consider based on actual owner feedback.

regards
Eric Brust

I had a great experience with my contact Monica from Goldraydigital. They shipped it faster then I thought they would. I had one small problem with the Chiller fans but they sent out new ones after I emailed them a video. They also sent links on how to set it up and run it. I would use them again and highly recommend them.