PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Case

Tim Andrews
07-13-2018, 12:53 AM
I have enjoyed learning great information from so many of the experts on this site. I’m not at that level, but thought I would share my latest project.

I was looking for a locking case to store my Remington 870 12 gauge shotgun under my bed. I keep my Sig P320 handgun in a Gunvault beside the bed, which is opened every night and locked during the day. I really like the electronic push button lock on this case, but couldn’t find anything similar for my shotgun which would also fit into the tight space. So, I built one.

I know that it can be opened with the right tools, but I think that applies to almost all cases of this type. It was a nice project to hone or learn new skills for making tight meters, dovetail joints, and hand chiseled hinge mortises. The wood is walnut and maple with 4 coats of Tung oil. The lock took some thought to install, since it’s not meant for this application, but it works perfectly.

I now have easy access to my shotgun in a case that opens very quickly, plus some new woodworking skills.

Bruce Page
07-13-2018, 1:10 AM
That's a stand out case with great attention to detail. Well done!
Welcome to the Creek

Phil Mueller
07-13-2018, 8:04 AM
Beautiful case, Tim. Very well executed. And yes, welcome to the Creek!

Tim Andrews
07-13-2018, 9:42 AM
Thank you gentlemen!

glenn bradley
07-13-2018, 9:49 AM
Nicely done indeed. Welcome.