PDA

View Full Version : Tool gloat

Ernie Nyvall
11-21-2005, 8:42 PM
Well, I decided to buy another chain saw this past weekend. I had just bought one from Sears and it was such an improvement over what I'd had that I thought I did good... until I ran into several trees at once. My uncle came to help me with his Stihl and put mine to shame. He was cutting off four chunks to my one and with a lot less effort. I went to town and got one and it is nice to cut with such a saw. I think I can get rid of the other here in hurricane country with no problem. It would have been nice to put the $$ towards more turning tools, but on second thought, I guess this is one of them.

The wood in the background is black walnut and half of what already has the pith cut out. A bouble gloat:D

Ernie

John Miliunas
11-21-2005, 8:55 PM
Congrats! You done good, Ernie!:D I think you'll love that saw. When I went to purchase my current saw (a Stihl, as well), I checked with a friend of mine who's been doing such stuff for a long time. He runs a Stihl, but added, "You can't go wrong if you go with one of the orange ones!" Huh??? He explained that Echo, Husqvarna or Stihl are the top dogs when it comes to chainsaws. He said some of the other ones are "OK" but, if you don't want to make such a purchase too often, go with one of the above mentioned three! I did and I'm really happy with mine!:)

Now, it looks to me as though you have some wood chips to make inside your shop, so get at it!:) :cool:

Joe Mioux
11-21-2005, 8:56 PM
Ernie, you are going to love that Stihl!

Congrats
Joe

Travis Stinson
11-21-2005, 9:18 PM
:D Congrats Ernie! On both counts

Jim Ketron
11-21-2005, 9:23 PM
You will love it! I have been putting my 250 through the paces and it has not let me down yet!