PDA

View Full Version : DC with Wynn Filters

Bernie Weishapl
11-21-2005, 8:11 PM
Well they have finally arrived and have been installed. I purchased the HF DC for $159 and the Wynn 80/20 .5 micron filter which they recommended for what I would be doing. Finally the filters made it in today. I have two 4" lines running to the jointer and the bandsaw. I ran a piece of ash thru the jointer. Boy what a difference from the little Delta AP300. I am also running it thru a Highland Hardware cyclone. So far so good. I think I will be happy with it. So now for some serious sawdust.

Corey Hallagan
11-21-2005, 8:28 PM
Congrats Bernie, looking good my friend. Glad you got her all set up and she works great!

Corey

Paul Prescott
11-21-2005, 9:36 PM
Just how well does the HF DC work with the Highland Harware cyclone? I've read so many pros and cons about just such a set-up I'd like to know how well yours works. Does the cyclone collect the larger chips, or is the DC powerful enough to empty the cyclone collector?

Bernie Weishapl
11-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Paul I was told by the folks at Highland Hardware not to let the cyclone get over 1/2 to 2/3 full. It being 30 gal. size. I have cleaned it when it gets half full. They said it can be used on DC's from 550 to 1200 cfm up to 2hp. I did have a my little Delta AP300 single bag on the cyclone and I would say with the 650 cfm they claimed using it on one machine at a time it did very well. I did not have any large pieces in the bag just fine dust when I shook it out.

I haven't had a chance to use it much yet since I just got the filters for it tonight. I did not want to put on and use the 30 micron bags on it. I did joint and cut some ash on the bandsaw tonight and it had very little dust in the lower plastic bag. There was no big chips at all and it is about 1/3 full now. There wasn't any dust on the jointer. So far as I can see from tonight I am going to like it and it seems to work very well. Will be doing some serious cutting, jointing, and planing this weekend so will know more then. I will get back to you Paul.

Thanks Corey. I think it will work excellent for what I am doing.

Paul Prescott
11-22-2005, 3:19 PM
Thanks for the reply, BTW, Highland has two "dust separators." Which did you purchase?