PDA

View Full Version : Planar

Cary Wheeler
07-08-2018, 7:09 PM
Looking for recommendations on a planar. My 10 y.o. 13" benchtop is giving up the fight. Any recommendations? I would even consider a 15" stand alone model such as a General Machinery model.

Cary Falk
07-08-2018, 7:38 PM
Any generic brand of 4 post will be fine. Unfortunately everything just went ip 25%. I have a Grizzly G0453Z and am happy with it.

Van Huskey
07-08-2018, 8:18 PM
Any generic brand of 4 post will be fine. Unfortunately everything just went ip 25%. I have a Grizzly G0453Z and am happy with it.

Actually, the only retail movement to be seen so far is Grizzly. Most of the other importers have stock at their dealers (and probably in their warehouses) so one still has time but may need to move quickly.

johnny means
07-08-2018, 8:22 PM
I had a conversation with a fellow at WoodCraft today. He told me that their suppliers have raised prices by 5%.

Mike Kees
07-08-2018, 8:25 PM
Cary is in Canada. We do not have this 25 % new tariff on stuff from China. Here we just get screwed with all our prices to begin with.:) i would suggest checking out King Canada or Craftex from BusyBee. Other good options would be any remaining General international stock or used. Good luck,Mike.

Van Huskey
07-08-2018, 8:44 PM
Cary is in Canada.

I tend to notice a location if it is on the upper right. Cary has in his signature, which many people have turned off. I had no excuse as mine are on!

Marc Jeske
07-09-2018, 12:34 PM
You are very close to Detroit?

Is Detroit Craigslist purchase doable?

I know nothing about Customs, etc stuff.

Re General - I know the old stuff was great, but the new stuff AFAIK is imported.

Sad.

Marc