PDA

View Full Version : I gotta get me one of these... part II

Ernie Nyvall
11-21-2005, 7:13 PM
Well, I decided on this one. I's 48" x 19hp kawasaki. I got a pretty good deal on it as the dealer wanted some old tools that I needed to get rid of. I just can't believe how smooth and fast these things get around with no worries of hitting high center and getting stuck. It's like that little bunny and keeps on going.
I've got to admit something here. I started mowing the yard when I was 7 and that was two acres with a 17" push mower. I've hated it ever since, so here goes... Hi, my name is Ernie, and I enjoyed mowing the lawn the other day. I need help.

Ernie

Cecil Arnold
11-21-2005, 8:00 PM
Ernie, I think you are truly sick. To think you are riding around on that thing when you coule be TURNING! Congrats on the new toy.

Ernie Nyvall
11-21-2005, 8:55 PM
Hey, an idea. I think I can mount a mini on it and run a belt up from the motor:cool:

Ernie

John Miliunas
11-21-2005, 9:10 PM
Hey Ernie, now why did you go and get that???:confused: You've got that nice new Stihl sitting in your garage. You could just "move" the trees out of your way!:D Ahhh, but you gotta' love the ZTR!!! Congrats.:) :cool:

Boyd Gathwright
11-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Hi Ernie,

.... Congratulations on your decision, that's a real beauty. I hope it works out well for you. With that size mower you will be able to get into some close and tight spots. Be safe and remember to use your roll bar and seatbelt on any hills and stay away from ponds.

Good luck :).

Boyd

Ref: I gotta get me one of these (Part I) http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=24956

Well, I decided on this one. I's 48" x 19hp kawasaki. I got a pretty good deal on it as the dealer wanted some old tools that I needed to get rid of. I just can't believe how smooth and fast these things get around with no worries of hitting high center and getting stuck. It's like that little bunny and keeps on going.
I've got to admit something here. I started mowing the yard when I was 7 and that was two acres with a 17" push mower. I've hated it ever since, so here goes... Hi, my name is Ernie, and I enjoyed mowing the lawn the other day. I need help.

Ernie

Ernie Nyvall
11-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Hey Ernie, now why did you go and get that???:confused: You've got that nice new Stihl sitting in your garage. You could just "move" the trees out of your way!:D Ahhh, but you gotta' love the ZTR!!! Congrats.:) :cool:

Thanks John... another good idea for an attachment. With the chainsaw mounted on the side with a sliding guide that swings for vertical or horizontal, I can trim the bushes as I pass by them.:D

Ernie

John Hart
11-22-2005, 12:04 AM
No doubt that you'll win that race that's scheduled this winter!!:D Congratulations Ernie...She's a beauty

Andy Hoyt
09-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Be safe and remember to use your roll bar and seatbelt on any hills and stay away from ponds. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=24956 Ernie - Ya shoulda listened to Boyd!

Was this a creepy premonition or what?

Ernie Nyvall
09-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Ernie - Ya should listened to Boyd!

Was this a creepy premonition or what?

You got that right. The roll bar and seat belt are obvious, but the pond warning.... do do do do, do do do do, da da da daaaaaaaa:eek: :D

Norman Hitt
09-18-2006, 1:06 AM
Hey Ernie, Sure glad your pond exploit didn't have a worse ending and you only came out with some bruises and a lot of sore spots.

Now on the lighter side, I know that when a lot of cowboys and country folks, (including myself) got a new pair of boots that were too tight in places and or just didn't fit right, to speed up breaking them in, we would just step over into the horse trough, let them fill up with water, and then wear them until they dried out. I don't think that is the accepted method for breaking in a new ZTR Mower though.:rolleyes: :D