PDA

View Full Version : Mini rant

Kirk (KC) Constable
11-21-2005, 5:54 PM
Sunday morning 11/6 I ordered some pen kits online from PennState. I received the Email confirmation that day. When I saw no shipment Email and no package by early last week I started trying to call and find out what happened. The customer service computer was down several hours one evening, the next evening I couldn't ever get a human to answer. I finally got somebody Friday morning the 18th, and it seems the order never got printed on their end. Okay...I'll buy that. So today I opened the shipment Email they sent Saturday, with the UPS tracking info. My package, shipped and in the UPS system at 3:02 PM Friday the 18th is scheuled for delivery on the 29th. Which means I'll get it on the 30th or 31st, based on recent UPS deliveries. What?! I didn't ask for upgraded shipping...but I'm not at all sure it would be out of line to expect them to do it on their own. :mad: In all fairness, this is my first 'problem' with PennState...but why do the problems have to happen when you actually NEED something to show up on time?

Thank you. I feel betetr now. :o

KC

Cecil Arnold
11-21-2005, 7:09 PM
Okay KC, take a brown long-neck chill pill of your choice and you will feel even better.

Dave Lehnert
11-21-2005, 9:25 PM
I purchased their slow speed wet grinder. The jig for sharpening was held on by three small bolts. The three holes did not line up, Only two did. I called thinking they would send me out another table with the correct holes drilled. ( my understanding is they drill and add the jig to the grinder themselves) The lady transferred me to the “guy in the back” that does most of the work. His reaction was “well two of the holes line up. What’s your problem” I almost never let things like that pass but I did on this. That thing is the biggest pile of junk I have ever purchased. The sharpen wheel is so soft your tool blades cuts groves in it. The wheel is so slow it would take a week to get a sharpened edge on it. The water is just added to make it look good.

On a positive note. Their pocket hole jig kit is a great buy

Randy Meijer
11-22-2005, 4:13 AM
I rarely trade with PSI any more. They have a rep for shoddy customer service and frequent problems with materials being on back order. My main concern is the lower quality of many of their offerings. I'd rather pay a bit more and get a better product elsewhere.

Andy London
11-22-2005, 6:19 AM
My son placed a large order with Pen's of Color 5 weeks ago and still nothing and no replies to emails asking for the tracking number. It's been a bad month for getting "stuff", got taken on ebay for a new Ipod, amazing as just as soon as I sent the money, the following morning ebay wrote to inform me they cacnelled the suspecious account, I guess it was hyjacked....now the wait for a refund:mad:

Chris Damm
11-22-2005, 6:31 AM
I also placed an order with them recently (will probably be my last!). It took over a week to ship items that were in stock. Their service has really gone downhill in the last few years. There are too many other companies that want my money and show it with good service!

Kirk (KC) Constable
11-22-2005, 6:48 AM
Hmmm. I feel better now, knowing it's not just me. I also fee better since I've found the specific pen kit I was ordering on a competitor's website. So I prolly won't have another problem with PSI. :D

I just recieved confirmation of two other shipments, one from Utah and one from Arizona...both in the system yesterday afternoon 11/21, both scheduled for 'on time' delivery on the 28th.

KC