PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Oil Hydraulic Impact Drivers?

Joe Jensen
07-04-2018, 5:46 PM
I need to upgrade my impact driver. I am tempted by the new oil hydraulic drivers, especially the Milwaukee Surge 18V brushless. Does anyone here own one or has anyone tried them?

Frank Pratt
07-04-2018, 11:35 PM
I've read a number of reviews on the Ridgid & Milwaukee models. Apparently the biggest advantage is that they are much quieter. The Milwaukee hydraulic is not very powerful, compared to the standard drivers & is aimed at the installer crowd that work in occupied environments where noise is a concern.

Jared Sankovich
07-04-2018, 11:44 PM
Any reason you want the hydraulic over the standard? I have five different milwaukee impact models and have been happy with all but the original m12 brushed version.

Bill Dufour
07-05-2018, 12:48 AM
Never heard of them. do they have hoses like the chainsaws?
Bill D.

Mike Kees
07-05-2018, 9:09 AM
I have the Milwaukee version. Way quieter. and smooth. It is also every bit as powerful ,just finished a job driving 16'' GRK screws thru 12''x12'' cedar posts. I have two other MIlwaukkee M18 fuel impacts,both real good tools and after using the surge for a year I think it is a superior tool. Mike.

James Biddle
07-05-2018, 9:19 AM
We also have a Milwaukee Surge. Not only is it quieter, but a smoother operation. It's also easier to sneak up on you finished screw depth, unlike a normal impact where the depth seems to be determined by the speed of your finger on the trigger.

Joe Jensen
07-06-2018, 2:30 PM
Thanks Mike and James. That’s what the YouTube videos show. Oddly it seems Milkwaukee is discontinuing that one. I suspect an updated one soon. You can only buy the bare tool now and Home Depot is out of stock all around me even on the bare tool.