PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Wide Belt Sander

Mark Blatter
07-04-2018, 7:16 AM
Does anyone have experience with a 37" Laguna wide belt sander? I am looking at one that likely has less than 2 hours total use on it. The original belt is still in place and feels like it is almost new. It is the bottom line of the 37" sanders, as it is a single phase 220 sander. The current model listed on Laguna's web page is $12K and I can get this for about half that price.

Good deal or too much? I am thinking it is a great price, but just not sure.

Thanks

David Kumm
07-04-2018, 9:48 AM
Looks like a decent deal. At 6K your used choices are for much older machines if heavier. Combo head which is good. HP is a little light so you will need light passes and run the slow speed. You will need good dust collection and a system that will handle the fine dust without clogging filters. Electric eye oscillation is better than pneumatic but not a deal breaker. It won't sand plywood but will work well for solid wood, doors, etc. If it doesn't have digital readout, add one with an accurate Proscale. Costs about 350 and necessary to fine tune the calibration. If you try to take off too much, you will wreck the belt so the cost of the Proscale is cheap insurance. Dave