PDA

View Full Version : Note to Tyler Howell

Bill Sampson
11-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Tyler,
Wife and I will be flying into MSP on Sat. 12-03 late afternoon to attend the St. Olaf Christmas concert. Won't have a lot of time as we will attend the concert on Sunday and return to Richmond Monday am. Any "must see" in the hours we will be there? Also, I understand this is one of the top choral groups in the nation, do you know anything about them?

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Tyler Howell
11-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the Mini Apple Bill,
St Olaf is a fine group, they have done us proud.
Mall off America is a big draw for visitors. I suspect it will be a zoo just before the holidays.
Cabelas has two mega stores just outside of the metro area.
The lakes and parks are always on my tour guide list but it is such an "ifee" time of year. Weather is the issue.

There are many theater and holiday performances that weekend.
The garden variety of WW stores Rockler/Woodcraft.
What are you interested in?? Is there going to be any time for WW ??
I'm sure my fellow Minnesotans can chime in with some other ideas.;)

Dave Richards
11-21-2005, 4:46 PM
Bill, I gather you'll be in Northfield for the concert. you might as well go early enough that you can enjoy the Scandinavian Buffet in the Black and Gold Ballroom at Buntrock Commons. You don't want to miss either the lefse or the lutefisk.

This group is one of 3 or 4 incredible choral groups in the area. You'll enjoy it for sure.

Where are you staying on Saturday? If you have a car, you might want to take an evening drive along Summit Avenue in St. Paul. I expect there will be a number of the mansions including the Governor's mansion already lit up for the holidays.

Chad Pater
11-22-2005, 5:55 PM
I've never gone here but have heard good things about http://www.xylosgallery.com/ if you want a woodworking place to visit. Their web site looks nice.
Has anyone visited?