PDA

View Full Version : Picture - Dodgy Chinese Software

David Gray
06-26-2018, 1:58 AM

EZCAD ​Looking for USB Dongle !!!!

Bill George
06-26-2018, 7:01 AM
Its looking for the machine controller via USB. Won't run in the full mode without it.

David Gray
06-26-2018, 7:08 AM
you got it !! was actually the build of ezcad put a later version on the comp and it was up and away, after spending a lot of time swapping out drivers ...

Paul Phillips
06-26-2018, 9:16 AM
Wait, so you finded the dog?:p

John Lifer
06-26-2018, 9:32 AM
Really galling that a Chinese company that most probably ripped off US company's software wants a USB lock for their version of the software.

Bill George
06-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Really galling that a Chinese company that most probably ripped off US company's software wants a USB lock for their version of the software.

Its looking for the Version of EXCAD board you have and it will run as you know in the Demo mode without it.

John Lifer
07-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I know.... But what irritates me even more is having to have the laser on to design and SAVE. I was working on multiples of some parts the other day, importing dxf insuring that it was correct and saving file while waiting on ups to deliver customer's parts. Had to have laser on.... Arghh. And if you have it up and running and cut off machine it closes in 10 minutes ..

Kev Williams
07-01-2018, 1:51 PM
Needing the laser on doesn't bother me? It's "on" the whole time I'm awake, I only turn it off when I'm done for the day. To prevent accidental engraving I'll just turn off the first screen's worth of colors so the laser won't fire. My EZcad, is a 2 year old version, and if I turn off the machine it just sits in demo mode and waits until I fire up the machine. It DOES pop up a 'can't find a valid device' message, but just goes away.

Also if the laser is on, I cannot shut down or hibernate the computer until I shut it off...

Being able to save in demo mode would be handy, I do work on Corel when I'm at the lake sometimes, it would be nice to do the same with EZcad. But realistically, I don't design ANYthing in EZcad, it's all done in Corel anyway. Only things I do on EZcad proper is text-only work, like putting names on swords or knives & such....