PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Question of Job

James & Zelma Litzmann
06-25-2018, 2:29 PM
Can someone give me an estimate of what you might charge if someone ask you to engrave 400 mugs or plates? What would be a good price, I know what I like to make but I don't want to scare them off either, I have no idea what to charge for that quantity, they are supplying the items.

Bert Kemp
06-25-2018, 2:38 PM
I don't know much about pricing but I think theres a big difference between Mugs (rotary) and plates (flat).

Mike Chance in Iowa
06-25-2018, 7:40 PM
In addition, engrave what? Text, graphics, etc.

Andrew Stow
06-25-2018, 9:46 PM
Hours of labor multiplied by price you're willing to work for per hour plus cost of consumables.

Rotary engraved stuff will add alot of labor since you won't be able to run items in batches.

Jeff Body
06-26-2018, 12:36 AM
Hopefully it's not someone who wants you to engrave birthday mugs for themselves.
That's a scam that's been going on for the last few months.

Trey Tull
06-26-2018, 8:04 AM
Hopefully it's not someone who wants you to engrave birthday mugs for themselves.
That's a scam that's been going on for the last few months.

I received another request for birthday stuff last week. Customer wanted plates and mugs for his 50th birthday. Since it was his 50th, I priced them at $50/item with work to be paid for up front in cash. Fortunately I never heard from him again.

John Lifer
06-26-2018, 9:29 AM
I received another request for birthday stuff last week. Customer wanted plates and mugs for his 50th birthday. Since it was his 50th, I priced them at $50/item with work to be paid for up front in cash. Fortunately I never heard from him again.

You Too? :D

Yeah, key indicator (besides being out of state and large order) WHO Orders stuff for their OWN birthday? I sure don't.
Beware....... First question after do you engrave was do you take Credit Cards.

James & Zelma Litzmann
06-26-2018, 9:40 AM
This is EXACTLY what this is, his 50th birthday. I am so glad I have you guys, I don't call on you too often but you've never let me down. Thank you again!

zll

Jeff Body
06-26-2018, 1:11 PM
This is EXACTLY what this is, his 50th birthday. I am so glad I have you guys, I don't call on you too often but you've never let me down. Thank you again!

zll

HOT DAMN............ I saved the day.

Jerome Stanek
06-26-2018, 3:41 PM
I will play a little with them I tell them it will be $5000 for the first one and $5.00 for each after. I also tell them that I need a perpaid credit card and not just a number to process the order.

Andrew Stow
06-26-2018, 7:31 PM
I guess you could always say "New customer and big order requires 50% deposit" or something. That would cut down on the scammers.

Steve Krahn
01-16-2019, 4:28 PM
So what is the benefit to the scammer of this scam? I just got a request as well now to do birthday engraving on beer mugs and plates for a 50th birthday.