PDA

View Full Version : So I went to Ken Waag's house...

Gary Herrmann
11-20-2005, 7:31 PM
to check out his SawStop. Wow. Those things are very impressive. The fit and finish was amazing. Wonderful satin sheen on the top. Ken has an outfeed roller table and a sliding table and a cast iron router table on it. I'm very jealous.

I didn't stay too long. I was under strict instructions from SWMBO - Don't be late for dinner. Ken was gracious with his time and his experience with the saw. The manual that comes with it seemed to be on par with my Leigh dovetail jig's manual. We fired it up and the saw just hummed. Very little vibration. Yet another complication to my tablesaw conundrum.

Decisions, Decisions!

Thanks again, Ken.

Tyler Howell
11-20-2005, 7:34 PM
I don't see any pictures of Ken's House, saw, humming!!!!!!:mad:
You must have dreamed it.:rolleyes:

John Russell
11-20-2005, 7:39 PM
Ken, Do you know what brand or type of sliding table? I am wondering if new holes had to be drilled to mount whatever type of sliding table exists?
Thanks
John

Ken Fitzgerald
11-20-2005, 8:24 PM
I can see from Tyler's post that he's back from a couple of months at the donut shop and "The SMC Photo Cop" is on patrol! Go Tyler!

Roy Wall
11-20-2005, 8:37 PM
Ken, Do you know what brand or type of sliding table? I am wondering if new holes had to be drilled to mount whatever type of sliding table exists?
Thanks
John

John,

I believe it is the excalibur......

Here is a photo of it on an old thread....and on Ken's Jet TS before he got the SS....

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=19687&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Router+table

John Russell
11-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Thanks Roy, it does look like the Excalibur!