PDA

View Full Version : shop tour2

tod evans
11-20-2005, 1:03 PM

lou sansone
11-20-2005, 1:21 PM
hi tod
really nice shop... wow.. how much space do you have? Is this a place where you live or another place in an industrial area? 3 phase power?
the minimax slider is the 315? What about dust collection, inside or outside bin?

lou

Dan Oliphant
11-20-2005, 2:31 PM
Tod,
Now that is a well outfitted shop!!!! Two questions, what is mounted on the wall, just behind the two shop dogs? (left of the panel saw) and can you show us more of your finishing room plus details?

Tyler Howell
11-20-2005, 3:06 PM
Tod,
Looks like some "serious bid-ness" goes on here.:cool:
Thanks for sharing.

Bernie Weishapl
11-20-2005, 4:02 PM
Boy I am feel like Tyler. That is some serious business. Talk about making sawdust. Nice shop.

Brett Baldwin
11-20-2005, 5:20 PM
The hounds really like the sawdust. I'm going to guess from the bags standing up on what looks like ducting that that is a dust collector of some sort behind them. That looks like a really well used shop.

Jim O'Dell
11-20-2005, 5:51 PM
Nice set up! Complete with a pitcher of...tea? in the first picture. Picture must have been taken at a warmer time of year. I'd like to hear a listi of equipment you use. Thanks for sharing! Jim.

tod evans
11-21-2005, 9:07 AM
to answer the questions; lou, the shop is 40x100 with a seperate outbuilding for the compressors,welders, etc. no i don`t live in the shop but my wife will argue that point.it`s right outside the city limits on 2 1/2 acres so not industrial but i did pull in 3-phase (by my self). as for d/c, the hopper is in the shop and for now i shovel into trash cans, takes 4-5 to empty the hopper. i have augers waiting for me to install but there`s only so many hours in the day........dan;in the pic i posted with the dogs i see the small band saw, a speaker,the home made dust collector, and a homemade panel router??? as for finishing i spray in the shop propper, no separate finishing room. bret; yes that`s a home made dust collector. jim; the pics where taken last week, i switch from coffee to ice-tea around noon summer and winter. i`ll do a more detailed list of equipment sometime this week with pics. as time allows. thank all of you guys for the kind words! tod

Jeffrey Smith
11-21-2005, 2:40 PM
What a shop! I would like to see more pics of the panel router if you get time. I love the shop dog. I have a yellow lab that loves sawdust too. His favorite place is right in front of the lathe and he won't get up even if he get covered in shavings. You gotta love man's best friend.

tod evans
11-22-2005, 1:26 PM
jeffery, here are the pics you requested of my home-made panel router. the thompson linear bearings came from the local industrial machine salvage, table is 3/4 baltic, used an old pulley and a 5gal. bucket with sand for the counterweight. total dollar outlay minus router about 150 bucks. oh-yeah 26" travel. tod 26376