PDA

View Full Version : shop tour

tod evans
11-20-2005, 12:57 PM
i`ve only got a few min. in which to do this as son has decided to bathe in syrup and my presence has been requested at home. tod 26266

Bernie Weishapl
11-20-2005, 4:07 PM
Like I said in the other post. Those are some serious sawdust making machines. Is that your shop Tod or is it commerical? I wish I had one third of the room in your shop. Thanks for the pictures.

Richard Wolf
11-20-2005, 4:18 PM
Nice shop, I like the sawdust also, it shows that work is getting done. I see you made a sizeable investment with the folks at Mini Max.

Richard

Les Spencer
11-20-2005, 6:23 PM
Too cool. :cool: If its true, the one with the most toys wins, you are definitely in the running. :D

Corvin Alstot
11-20-2005, 6:30 PM
Great looking shop.
Are you commercial or hobby?
If commercial, what area of woodworking are you specializing?

Jason Tuinstra
11-20-2005, 6:44 PM
Tod, nice shop. Looks like you could have some major fun in there! BTW, have fun with the de-syruping :p

Bob Noles
11-20-2005, 7:08 PM
Tod,

That's not a shop.... it a palace. WOW! Let the envy flow.

Mark Singer
11-20-2005, 8:28 PM
Tod,
That is a shop all right!!! Great!

David Duke
11-20-2005, 8:50 PM
Tod,
I feel for you guy, don't have much room hardly any equipment............

Seriously great setup.

tod evans
11-21-2005, 8:42 AM
sorry i had to cut out yesterday but son was treading on thin ice........ to answer the questions;bernie, yes it`s my shop and yes it`s commercial? i guess? i try to make a living cutting big boards into little ones and sticking `em back together. corvin; i do anything related to wood for money, my bread-n-butter is curved work for a local lumberyard. arch top windows and doors, radius mouldings etc. i also build furniture for both designers and customers.i also do veneer lay-up up to 6ftx16ft. thank all of you for the kind words! tod

John Scarpa
11-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Now that's a shop. Looks great. Welcome aboard!

Paul B. Cresti
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Tod,
Is that a MM36, a SP1 planer, and a MM widebelt? Geez man that saw sure looks small :);) I sure wish I had that kind of space......

Randy Denby
11-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Tod, out of curiousity, since I've never seen one of these type saws operate, how do you rip without that long front table getting in the way? I can see where it would be a big advantage for crosscutting, but I cant understand the dynamics of a rip. Welcome, even tho I'm a relative newb too. Great looking shop!

Paul B. Cresti
11-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Tod, out of curiousity, since I've never seen one of these type saws operate, how do you rip without that long front table getting in the way? I can see where it would be a big advantage for crosscutting, but I cant understand the dynamics of a rip. Welcome, even tho I'm a relative newb too. Great looking shop!

Randy,
Check out some of my pasts posts on the EFSTS (European Format Sliding Table Saw) and you will see a series of posts explaining some of the uses of these great machines

tod evans
11-23-2005, 9:10 AM
randy,thanks for the compliment! please see pauls earlier posts, i type one fingered so you`ll save me a lot of time. paul, no not a 36 only a 28, same motor which was my reason for the big saw. yes an sp1, nice unit! and no not the mm sander mine`s from scmi, i needed 36" and when i bought mm didn`t even offer a widebelt. i also have the big shaper with the dedicated tennoning table that i find invaluable for fingerjointing radius segments. john, thanks for the welcome. tod

Ed Kowaski
01-20-2006, 2:52 PM
Tod, what a shop, looks very comfy... prolly best I don't know where you live I might move in. :) These low res photo's are serious torture though. {hint hint}

Looks like a MM stroke sander over by the bandsaw?
In smc shop 2.jpg what's that between the panel saw and the wall with the power feed on it?
Don't see a drilling machine.
Very inspirational, thanks for posting!

Ed

tod evans
01-20-2006, 3:20 PM
Tod, what a shop, looks very comfy... prolly best I don't know where you live I might move in. :) These low res photo's are serious torture though. {hint hint}

Looks like a MM stroke sander over by the bandsaw?
In smc shop 2.jpg what's that between the panel saw and the wall with the power feed on it?
Don't see a drilling machine.
Very inspirational, thanks for posting!

Ed

ed, try here
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=26574
i think that you`re asking about the ol` rt saw that i use for ripping? tod

Ed Kowaski
01-20-2006, 3:50 PM
Tod, I didn't find tour2, thanks.

Great dogs and a great shop, the grass is very green on your side of the fence. Huge amount of work and thought getting to where you are, well done! I have a way with dogs so I may still move in.

Yes it was the rip saw I asked about.

How many people work here?

Ed

tod evans
01-20-2006, 3:54 PM
Tod, I didn't find tour2, thanks.

Great dogs and a great shop, the grass is very green on your side of the fence. Huge amount of work and thought getting to where you are, well done! I have a way with dogs so I may still move in.

Yes it was the rip saw I asked about.

How many people work here?

Ed

me, three dogs and on occasion my 16mo son.....tod

Ed Kowaski
01-20-2006, 4:25 PM
hehe, that's what I suspected and it's flat out awesome!

Ed

tod evans
01-20-2006, 4:28 PM
hehe, that's what I suspected and it's flat out awesome!

Ed

thanks man! lotta blood sweat n tears sitting there!.....02 tod

Vaughn McMillan
01-20-2006, 4:42 PM
Great-looking set-up, Tod. I could stay busy playing in there for a long time. I took the time to also look at your website (again), and you sure do nice work with those tools.

- Vaughn

tod evans
01-20-2006, 6:39 PM
Great-looking set-up, Tod. I could stay busy playing in there for a long time. I took the time to also look at your website (again), and you sure do nice work with those tools.

- Vaughn

thanks vaughn!

Chris Gregory
01-20-2006, 6:45 PM
Tod,

Very impressive, it has to be a pleasure even just hanging out in your shop :)

Chris Dodge
01-20-2006, 7:02 PM
Oh how I wish I had that much space!! My two car garage just isn't big enough to hold all of my tools and the many, many projects I am working on! Very nice shop!!

john mclane
01-20-2006, 7:47 PM
Tod
I am very impressed with that work shop and how much space you have. I went on your web page and with the beautiful work you do. The work is absolutely breathtaking and way beyond what I could ever aspire to. The carved work on the desks and other pieces show a lot of care. Great to see a true artist's room

tod evans
01-21-2006, 6:47 AM
thanks ya`ll!
the shop like many is only a means to an end and will probably be in a state of evolution untill i kick the bucket..the web site is only a sales tool that hasn`t been updated in about 7 yrs but it gives folks an idea of whats possible and the internet presence helps some cope with my hillbilly persona.....02 tod

Brent Smith
01-21-2006, 7:10 AM
Tod....that's a great looking shop. I think I hadone just like it in a dream the other night.

Brent

Corey Hallagan
01-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Tod, very nice shop and equipment. Looks like a great place to be stuck at work! Very interesting & variety of work that you do. You should post some of those furniture pieces and th are top windows etc. I would love to see them!

corey

tod evans
01-21-2006, 10:50 AM
thanks brent and cory! the reason i signed up at smc wasn`t to toot my own horn, i thought i could provide a real world perspective to some of the discussions here. that`s why i very seldom post pictures of my work:) when i do something that i`m especially proud of i`ll be sure to post pictures of the entire process....cool? .....02 tod