PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day ....Who was the best

Mark Blatter
06-17-2018, 10:52 AM
fictional father? Ward Cleaver, Rocky Rockford, Andy Taylor, Al Bundy?

I am curious who you think was the best, or the top three. Personally, I don't think I can narrow it down to just three, but some of mine are Andy Taylor, Robert Crawley, Frank Reagan, George Banks, Danial Hillard and of course Charles Ingalls. Honorable mention to Christopher Gardner because he was a real life father.

Mel Fulks
06-17-2018, 12:34 PM
Ward Cleaver. Loved the episode where he and Beaver's Mom give the Beav a diary. Of course they read it. And are disturbed by him walking on a high bridge beam etc. When they confront him he says he did not do that...."just didn't want to write ordinary stuff in such a nice diary".

Bill McNiel
06-17-2018, 3:26 PM
I'm gonna have to go with William Powell in The Thin Man movies. Typically would do stuff like taking his kid to Central Park where he gave lessons in reading/interpreting the Racing Form.

Bruce Page
06-17-2018, 3:34 PM
Fred Sanford

Jerome Stanek
06-17-2018, 6:50 PM
Robert Young, Tim Taylor in Last Man Standing and Ralph Waite the Waltons and NCIS

Frederick Skelly
06-17-2018, 7:11 PM
I'd say my Dad wins hands down over any of the fictional guys. Role model. Loving but firm. Hardworking. Fun. :) :) :)

Fred

Dave Zellers
06-17-2018, 9:04 PM
I'd say my Dad wins hands down over any of the fictional guys. Role model. Loving but firm. Hardworking. Fun. :) :) :)

Fred

WOW. Are you my brother from a different mother? You just described my father.

But to stay true to the OP's request, Andy Taylor.

Mark Blatter
06-17-2018, 9:20 PM
Robert Young, Tim Taylor in Last Man Standing and Ralph Waite the Waltons and NCIS

I hadn't thought about John Walton / Jackson Gibbs. He is a good selection.

As for real fathers, I am sure there are many that are better than fictional ones.....they put up with us, teach us, hold our hands and help us through tough times. All for the sake of love and being there.

Keith Outten
06-18-2018, 7:49 AM
Archie Bunker, you can't find better comedy anywhere.
We all need to laugh at life occasionally.