PDA

View Full Version : General with a sliding table

Gary Herrmann
11-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Still trying to decide on a tablesaw. I'm including a General 650 in the mix now. I seem to remember someone posting about their recent General TS purchase that included a sliding table. Someone else posted a pic of what it looked like with the slide attached. Can someone repost that pic? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Gary Curtis
11-20-2005, 1:34 PM
That was me. Here is that discussion with the photos:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=25425&highlight=General+slider

You mentioned interest in a 650 General. The slider only fits the right tilting model, the 350.

My machine came into the dealers showroom last week. I saw it and was awfully pleased at the results of his diagnostic. I won't jump up and down about the machine until I have used and evaluated it.

The catalog from General doesn't give a reader go on. No description of the slider or the crosscut/miter fence. For instance, the fence does have a indexing tape on the top of the fence, and a flip stop just like a Kreg PMS. Not mentioned in the catalog. How do you set a miter angle? Not in the catalog.

I can only compare that with gorgeous book and website for Felder. Doesn't even come close, leaving a prospective buyer to hold his (her) breath.

If you want, I'll shoot some copies of the Instruction Manual and mail to you.

email me at extiger@comcast.net
Gary Curtis
:D