PDA

View Full Version : Drawer box vendor suggestions

julian abram
06-13-2018, 9:23 AM
I've been asked to build a set of base cabinets for a breakroom/lab setting, fairly light use. To speed up the process I think I'll build the carcasses and jut order drawer boxes. These units will be painted. I've never order drawer boxes before, any suggestions on recommended vendors? thanks!

johnny means
06-13-2018, 12:04 PM
CF Industries seems to be the favorite in my neck of the woods. They've always worked out well for me.

Jim Becker
06-13-2018, 1:11 PM
I have used Keystone and their product was excellent. I bought knocked down (dovetails) and assembled myself to save on cost and shipping. It was a huge time saver on the projects I used them for.

Doug Hobkirk
06-13-2018, 4:27 PM
Surely I'm not the only one who's curious about cost. Excluding shipping, what's a "typical" cost for a single maple drawer w/ plywood bottom? Maybe 20" deep, 5" high, 20" wide.

I enjoy asking impossible questions...

Dave Richards
06-13-2018, 4:28 PM
We've had great service from Walzcraft.

julian abram
06-13-2018, 9:41 PM
Surely I'm not the only one who's curious about cost. Excluding shipping, what's a "typical" cost for a single maple drawer w/ plywood bottom? Maybe 20" deep, 5" high, 20" wide.

I enjoy asking impossible questions...

Roughly $50 or so from what I have seen.

julian abram
06-13-2018, 9:43 PM
Fellows, thanks for the input. I'll visit some of these sites as I have time this weekend and see if I can find one that meets our needs.

Jim Becker
06-14-2018, 12:12 PM
If you can grab a copy of Woodshop News ( or get to it online ) there are quite a few vendors that advertise for drawer and door outsourcing. If you can find one that's closer to you, it may help mitigate cost because of shipping/pickup. While it can be "rewarding" to build drawer boxes for smaller projects, outsourcing for larger ones can often make sense, even for a non-pro, just because of time savings. It's not just about material cost...