PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Bob Smalser!!!

Keith Starosta
11-19-2005, 11:20 PM
I guess I'll be the first to congratulate our own Bob Smalser for his great article regarding chisels in the latest issue of FWW. This wasn't just some blurb running down the side of one page, mind you! This was a multi-page, multi-picture spread! I wasn't surprised at the quality of the article, though. We've been reading that here for a long time. :)

Very good, Bob. Congrats!

Keith

Dave Anderson NH
11-20-2005, 7:32 AM
I too would like to add my congratulations. It was one of the better pieces FWW has done in quite a while on hand tools. Rarely have I seen such a short, clear , and well explained method of hand chopping a mortise. Excellant job Mr. Smalser.

Dennis Peacock
11-20-2005, 8:33 AM
Congrats Bob Smalser..!!!! Very nice indeed......:D :D

Jim Hager
11-20-2005, 6:22 PM
Yes, congratulations Bob!! I read the entire article this Sunday afternoon between tasks assigned by SWMBO. I only have a few chisels of any age at all most of them are from my early purchases of ww tools a bit over 25 years ago. I do have some of my grandpa's stuff and some of my father-in-laws stuff. I enjoyed the article and will file it away for use someday when I find time to start collecting those old chisels at flea markets and such. I'll be the first to admit that I don't have the right amount of appreciation for the chisel, but I have more respect for them now.

John Shuk
11-20-2005, 6:25 PM
I saw it too. Very informative and clear. But that's what I expected when I saw his name there. Congrats!
John