PDA

View Full Version : PW giveaways

William Chain
06-09-2018, 9:41 AM
Another year of entering every day of 5 months and then the deadline comes and goes and zippo information. Do people win these things??

Same deal for the Father’s Day prize a day. We’re deep into the 34 days and no winners shown.

Why do we bother??

I’m grateful for giveaways but I’m tired of entering stuff, getting bombarded by junk email and not knowing who, if anyone, won.

Jim Koepke
06-09-2018, 10:36 AM
My sentiments exactly, that is why my information stopped being entered last year. You would think they could at least let a person fill it out once instead of each time you went to the page. My 'autofill' doesn't even work with their page.

jtk

Mark Blatter
06-09-2018, 8:11 PM
My 'autofill' doesn't even work with their page.

jtk

The autofill isn't supposed to work. They want to make it difficult for people to enter more than once. They want your info, but anything more than once is just noise to them. These things work about as good as 'rebates' work. I swear then are nothing but scams.

Simon MacGowen
06-09-2018, 8:49 PM
[QUOTE=Mark . I swear then are nothing but scams.[/QUOTE]

I gave up too after entering into their draws a couple of times sensing that my chance to win was too slim.

However, if by scam you meant no real winners existed, I wouldn't agree to that. The reason is simple: a scam would be easily exposed by any departing employee who was involved with the scam. All the prizes are probably contributed by the vendors or bought at special prices. The risk is simply too high for PW.

Simon

Ken Fitzgerald
06-09-2018, 8:49 PM
I am generous! I never enter just so some other person can win and get those emails too!:eek::rolleyes::D

Simon MacGowen
06-09-2018, 9:28 PM
I am generous! I never enter just so some other person can win and get those emails too!:eek::rolleyes::D

I have a yahoo email account that I use for craiglist, ebay, etc. which all junk and scam emails also go into. There I don't have to enter into any contests and still "won" some estate left behind by a Mr Rich for me to claim. The trouble was I was too poor to send them any money first to earn my share.

Simon

John Sanford
06-11-2018, 7:01 PM
The autofill isn't supposed to work. They want to make it difficult for people to enter more than once. They want your info, but anything more than once is just noise to them. These things work about as good as 'rebates' work. I swear then are nothing but scams.

They aren't scams, well, most of them aren't. Certainly not the ones by an established company hosted/linked from their own site. You're right about the multiple entry challenge though...