PDA

View Full Version : Kinda OT...shop vacs

Kirk (KC) Constable
06-29-2003, 8:18 AM
It occurred to me recently that if I could find an appropriate attachment for a ShopVac, it would make my dog hair problems a bit more manageable. With two indoor/outdoor Saints, even brushing every day isn't enough...still plenty of loose hair that they immediately shake off. It would be wonderful to have a comb/stiff brush attachment to pull some of the loose stuff out before it gets in the house.

If you don't have dogs like this, you simply can't imagine the amount of shedding. If there's a product already out there somewhere, please guide me to it. If not, feel free to develop one and sell a million of them...just send me the prototype!

Help?

Jim Becker
06-29-2003, 9:18 AM
I can't help you with the dog grooming...we're bird people, but the best thing since sliced bread that we've found for helping keeping the floors picked up frequently is the Roomba robot vacuum cleaner! 'Definitely a good thing for anyone with a pet. Works great and while it's working you can be in the shop! What's not to like about that?? :D

Bill Esposito
06-29-2003, 10:06 AM
It occurred to me recently that if I could find an appropriate attachment for a ShopVac, it would make my dog hair problems a bit more manageable. With two indoor/outdoor Saints, even brushing every day isn't enough...still plenty of loose hair that they immediately shake off. It would be wonderful to have a comb/stiff brush attachment to pull some of the loose stuff out before it gets in the house.

If you don't have dogs like this, you simply can't imagine the amount of shedding. If there's a product already out there somewhere, please guide me to it. If not, feel free to develop one and sell a million of them...just send me the prototype!

Help?

Here's a vac attachment. I have found that the gloves work well also since the hair really sticks to them and I find it more enjoyable petting the dogs than brushing.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=12&pCatId=1165

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=12&pCatId=1175

Kirk (KC) Constable
06-29-2003, 6:43 PM
Beautiful. Thanks, Bill.