PDA

View Full Version : Husky compressor regulator leak

Rob Price
06-07-2018, 10:53 PM
So my 33 gal Husky compressor has developed a slow leak into the tool line. I can set the pressure at 50 with the regulator knob and it will hold 50 for a bit if I’m using a tool but it slowly creeps up to 150 (tank pressure) if I leave it alone. I grabbed my sander today and it practically took off running so high of a pressure.

I have a secondary regulator I use for my hvlp gun so I can add that to the line for now until I get things fixed/replaced.

When I get a chance I plan on taking the regulator off and see if there’s any easy fix- loose connection or seal. Otherwise I guess I need to get a new regulator from husky.

Thought I’d check here to see if anyone has any tips.

Mike Heidrick
06-07-2018, 11:28 PM
Put a regulator and water seperator right out of your tank.

Curt Harms
06-08-2018, 6:31 AM
So my 33 gal Husky compressor has developed a slow leak into the tool line. I can set the pressure at 50 with the regulator knob and it will hold 50 for a bit if I’m using a tool but it slowly creeps up to 150 (tank pressure) if I leave it alone. I grabbed my sander today and it practically took off running so high of a pressure.

I have a secondary regulator I use for my hvlp gun so I can add that to the line for now until I get things fixed/replaced.

When I get a chance I plan on taking the regulator off and see if there’s any easy fix- loose connection or seal. Otherwise I guess I need to get a new regulator from husky.

Thought I’d check here to see if anyone has any tips.

I doubt you'd have to get the regulator from Husky unless it's an odd shape so a fit issue. I replaced a Campbell-Hausfeld regulator which did not exude quality:rolleyes: with one from Grainger. Mike has a good suggestion - just put it at the tank outlet.

Tom M King
06-08-2018, 7:46 AM
I have one of those. You aren't stuck using a 1/4" regulator because that's what was originally on it. The stock one is junk. I think I replaced the one on mine with a 3/8" regulator off ebay. Also, the drain valve on the bottom of the tank doesn't work for long, and never seemed to let all the water out. I changed that to a ball valve attached to a street elbow, and can now blow out all the water.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-08-2018, 11:44 AM
I had to replace the regulator on my 26 gallon Husky air compressor last year. I bought one recommended here by Bruce Page, IIRC. My problem was just the opposite, my regulator would constantly leak, causing the compressor to have to run too often. I also put an automatic drain on the tank so I don't have to think about or worry about draining it. Every 45 minutes, IIRC, the tank drain opens for 2 secs.

Tom M King
06-08-2018, 3:05 PM
Of the five compressors I own, that one has been the loudest, most aggravating, under-performer of the lot.