PDA

View Full Version : Amazon app

Bill Jobe
05-31-2018, 11:39 AM
A while back a problem with my phone caused me to inadvertently stop Google aply Services. This made it nessesary that my phone be returned to the factory settings, and losing everything.
I have been dragging my feet about that for some time now, not knowing how to save everything. This means I can no longer update any of the apps on my phone, nor download new apps and many things simply no longer are usable.
Today I was able to update my Amazon app without problems. I found I can download apps from there, but that still leaves many functions of my phone useless.

Does anyone know how to back up all of the information in a Samsung S4 running Lollypop?

Matt Day
05-31-2018, 8:10 PM
Sounds like you need a new phone.

Carlos Alvarez
05-31-2018, 9:14 PM
I don't really understand the question. You said you already lost all the data. Now you have some kind of problem, and want to...back up the data again, but you already lost all your data? So what do you want to back up?

Bill Jobe
05-31-2018, 10:10 PM
I was afraid of losing all my data, but a couple of hours on the phone with Verizon, the tech guy found a fix. I'm up and going again with no data loss. I thought I'd have to do a factory reset but he was able to work around the problem in a way, he said, that was not the usual method.
But it worked.

Doug Garson
05-31-2018, 10:54 PM
Can you clarify, was it Google play services that you lost not Google aply services?

Bill Jobe
05-31-2018, 11:45 PM
Can you clarify, was it Google play services that you lost not Google aply services?

All I'll clarify is that it's fixed.

Bill Jobe
05-31-2018, 11:46 PM
That was not intended to sound rude.
I can't remember all he did....just that he fixed it.

Doug Garson
06-01-2018, 12:26 AM
OK, no offence taken, I'm not asking how he fixed it but I've never heard of Google aply services and nothing comes up if you search for it so I assumed it was a typo and you meant play.

Myk Rian
06-01-2018, 9:38 PM
Plug your USB cord into the phone and computer. It'll install drivers for the computer to see the phone.
Copy all your documents, pics, etc to the computer.

Or; read this page.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060517/

Myk Rian
06-01-2018, 9:39 PM
OK, no offence taken, I'm not asking how he fixed it but I've never heard of Google aply services and nothing comes up if you search for it so I assumed it was a typo and you meant play.
He mis-typed PLAY.