View Full Version : Help Identify this furniture brand

Dan Mages
05-31-2018, 3:36 AM
Good morning,

I found this highboard at the local flea market for a very expensive price of 200 francs... Somedays you get lucky, I guess. It is well built, mid century piece made of solid wood and ply. I cannot find a brand name on the piece, just this square S inlay. Are there any furniture experts here who can help identify the brand?


Jim Becker
05-31-2018, 10:14 AM
No clue, but it's a lovely piece!

Dave Richards
05-31-2018, 11:11 AM
Is it possible it's a one-off piece? It looks like a lot of work to go to for a maker's mark on a production piece and especially compared with the way other makers marked their furniture at the time.

Adam Clap
07-10-2018, 4:41 AM
I guess it's Henredon, but not sure

Frederick Skelly
07-10-2018, 6:34 AM
No clue. FWIW, that 'S' looks sort of "homemade" - like someone added it after the fact rather than as a maker's mark or logo. I say that because of the gaps in the inlay. (Maybe it shrank though.) The logo also seems too big, even if it's on the back side.

Good luck Dan.