PDA

View Full Version : Still straightening from Hurricane Harvey

lowell holmes
05-23-2018, 3:52 PM
I have a black part Lab dog who is sweet, but confused. I swear he wakes up in a new world every day.
Since Hurricane Harvey came through and decimated my shop, I spend a lot of time discovering things
I forgot that I had. I think I'm like Black Bart, my dog, a new world every day.

Today, I found a forgotten stash of Lee Valley abrasive mylar film. Three roughness surfaces, 0.5, 5, and 15 micron.

You can sharpen a chisel and then hone to three grades of roughness, talk about mirror finish.

I will take my leather chisel roll of LN chisels and make the bevels mirror smooth. :)
The leather chisel roll came from you guessed it, Lee Valley.

John C Cox
05-23-2018, 7:08 PM
It's like Christmas... Makes going into the shop fun.

Kinda like when I rummage through my wood stash and look at the beautiful stuff I forgot I had...

lowell holmes
05-24-2018, 7:10 PM
Well, I came across my Two Cherries triangular carbide burnisher today. It brought back memories of sharpening
my card scrapers, turning a hook, and then cleaning up a wooden surface. I'm kind of like my old dog, re-learning
old tricks. I'm still re-organizing from Harvey, coming across tools I had forgotten, and then remembering how to
use them.