PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on Cermark pricing- and-

Kev Williams
05-22-2018, 1:39 AM
this is based on my buying habits, and I buy a lot of the stuff, always 500gm bottles. The past 2 years I've paid somewhere between $249 and $252 to my door thru ENetwork or Lbits on ebay. I just got off ebay, and Lbits to-my-door price just jumped from $249.44 to 291.44, that's a $42.00 / 17% jump, not exactly chickenfeed... However, their 1000gm bottle price of $499.95 (+$11.75), which HAS been a worse deal than the 500g bottles for a long time, hasn't changed, so now IT's the better deal...

But Enetworks price is still $234.95 for the 500g bottle plus ship, but I'm expecting them to make a jump too...

(opinion): Lately all my metal suppliers are telling me stainless and aluminum prices have jumped dramatically, we all know why that is... But after several years of Cermark prices holding fairly steady, even during 'the Reformulation', this sudden jump in price doesn't seem very 'coincidental'. To be perfectly honest, it screams GREED to me. Many customers are telling me the cost of metals is causing themselves and THEIR customers to re-think many purchases right now. I may have to raise my prices to compensate for my next batch of aluminum and stainless which is in progress. Now my marking solution just went up 17%. But what good is raising prices if half my business drops off because my customers and their customers sit in a holding pattern waiting to see what's next.. Where does it end? Not good for the economy. I smell something bad coming, and I just hope I'm wrong...

Anyway, those who buy Cermark, check prices on the sizes and types you buy, good idea to get it as cheap as you can while you can. And there are other options, like Endurmark, and I forget the name of the New stuff the original Cermark makers have out? (forgot to take my Focus Factor) and doesn't Trotec have a marking solution?

Mike Null
05-22-2018, 7:40 AM
Kev

I just bought a 500 G bottle of Cermark from JDS at $259.95 incl. shipping. (I had some other items so I met the free shipping requirement)

I have the new formula Enduramark on hand but have set it aside for spraying only. It's really a challenge to brush.

Trey Tull
05-22-2018, 11:29 AM
I use a lot of LMM14 and the price seem to be holding at the moment. I bought 4 cans last week and went through them already, so I might buy a few cases, just to get it cheap before the price goes up.

Jeff Watkins
05-23-2018, 1:31 AM
Have you checked the cermarksales website?

LMM 6000 Black for Metal – 500 Grams Concentrated Liquid $225.50

The 1000mg is $445.95

The LMM14 is the same price as the 6000.

They now have a bright white for ceramic and glass. A cermark tech was telling me about it a couple months ago when it was still in testing. It looks interesting.

Kev Williams
05-23-2018, 4:39 PM
So why haven't I found CermarkSales before now? Good to know, especially since the prices are better! Thanks!

Jeff Watkins
05-24-2018, 2:31 PM
So why haven't I found CermarkSales before now? Good to know, especially since the prices are better! Thanks!

@Kev, I could tell you but you wouldn't believe me! Lol. Seriously though that's Cermarks direct website and they have everything they make along with all their technical documents and tips. They have some good info on their blog from time to time. Sometimes going direct to the source is cheaper. Rugdoctor for instance sells direct and is a lot cheaper than most sites for parts like pumps and hoses. It doesn't always work out cheaper but at least you should always be getting the latest stock from the manufacturer and not something that might have been setting on a re-sellers shelves for months or years.

Kev Williams
05-24-2018, 4:48 PM
Well lets see-- a domain search shows CermarkSales.com is only 4 years old and is registered to a Mike Stover, who may or may not be WITH Cermark, but I'm iffy on this being Cermark's direct website-- to add to the confusion, we also find Cermark.com, which turns out is an offshoot of Engravers Network, and during another Cermark check Laserbits came up as owning CermarkSales.NET, although it's not a working web address as of yet...

-and finally, Thermark.com is the 'actual' Cermark website, and funny thing, nowhere on Thermark.com can I find anything at all actually called "Thermark", everything on the website is a Cermark product. And you can't buy directly from Thermark.com, they provide a 'where to buy' list, which I didn't find Cermark-dot-anything on ;) -- And all this is owned by Ferro, of which Thermark/Cermark is just a very small part of... if you go to Ferro.com, looking hard I finally found 'metal marking', but it's barely a blip on their radar, and nothing to buy there directly either...

:)

Jeff Watkins
05-24-2018, 5:38 PM
Here's link from A&E from 2016. Mark Stover is the founder/owner of CermarkSales.

https://a-e-mag.com/news/exclusive-coverage-cermark-sales-inc-relocates-florida-warehouse-meet-growing-demand (https://a-e-mag.com/news/exclusive-coverage-cermark-sales-inc-relocates-florida-warehouse-meet-growing-demand)

At the bottom of the CermarkSales website home page is a blurb about them being a "Master Distributor" and has about Cermark/Thermark being TM of Ferro. From the verbage at the bottom of the page it sounds like they manufacturer and test but not sure. Like you said it's kind of all over the place, sort of like their settings. There are a number of contradictory documents on their site, especially when you look for Fiber settings. I used the CermarkSales tech support awhile back while trying to dial in the Ceramic and Glass spray and they were very helpful.

Mike Null
05-24-2018, 8:06 PM
I seem to recall buying from them 2 or 3 years ago and concluded that they were not the manufacturer.

Kev Williams
05-25-2018, 2:07 AM
Since I'm not one of the 1%, what matters to me is cost, and as long as they have the best prices, CermarkSales.com is getting MY business regardless! :D

Mike Null
05-25-2018, 8:09 AM
Kev
There is a premium on shipping plus the residential surcharge so I think it's going to be tough to beat JDS and free shipping.

Kev Williams
05-25-2018, 11:48 AM
Ok, just went to the JDS website- I don't do online business 'their' way, which is give them my entire life's history just for the privilege to buy from them. Pass...

Bert Kemp
05-25-2018, 12:17 PM
I agree Kev but I signed up anyway then got bombarded with emails and when I didn't buy they started calling me, wanting to know why I haven't placed any orders. Finally had to block their number and put them in my spam folder as unsubscribing did no good.:(:mad: Hmm didn't do no good LOL what can I say :eek:

Mike Null
05-25-2018, 1:28 PM
Kev
Use the telephone! That's what I do. But I am listed as a dealer so I can log in if I choose.

Bert
I've been using JDS for 20 years and they don't call. Are you sure you're not confusing them with somebody else? BTW, if you're not a licensed business they won't sell to you.

Kev Williams
05-25-2018, 3:08 PM
... I signed up anyway then got bombarded with emails and when I didn't buy they started calling me, wanting to know why I haven't placed any orders...
I was going to add that to my reason(s) for not signing up, but wasn't sure if that nonsense would happen so I left well enough alone-- but I did suspect it would ;)

As to telephones-- 45 years of working around screaming machine motors and almost as many years of my love of very loud music has left me with some nasty tinnitus and pretty much deaf to high frequencies (every day someone 20' away from me tells me my watch is beeping) -- add to that how cell phones work with voice operated on/off, their inherent knack for sounding like their in a tunnel, and the occasional sounds I liken to metal balls and kettle drums bouncing down stairs while their signal breaks up-- Well, I can barely understand a word anyone says, so I don't use a phone unless absolutely necessary... I answer calls, but don't often make them...

-- and why should being a licensed business have anything to do with anything? Normal folk aren't entitled to fair prices? ;)

Bert Kemp
05-25-2018, 8:06 PM
Mike don't order anything from them for a month or 2 ,I guarantee they will call you. BTW I have a TPT , on the rare occasion I do sell something, I have to pay the tax.
Kev
Use the telephone! That's what I do. But I am listed as a dealer so I can log in if I choose.

Bert
I've been using JDS for 20 years and they don't call. Are you sure you're not confusing them with somebody else? BTW, if you're not a licensed business they won't sell to you.