PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Trotec Question

Jacob John
05-21-2018, 10:48 PM
Yeah so this is dumb, but is "Engraver Hours" the total time the machine has been turned on and running? I know that "Laser Hours" is the amount of time the laser itself has run for jobs.

Feel free to delete this after it's answered.

Kev Williams
05-22-2018, 1:09 AM
No clue, my Gravograph after 14+ years of daily use says right now 'Using time 3138'- it MUST be pure 'laser run time', because with my work schedule my machine's "on" time can rack up 3100 hours in 7 months! :D

Hard to believe only 3100 hours, but then I had to put in a rebuilt power supply a few years ago, not sure if that changed the run hours...

My fiber laser counts use time in SECONDS- it'll be 2 years old in July, and so far it works out to 311 hours, and while it doesn't get used as much as the LS900, I would have expected more hours. And maybe the 3138 is on the money?

IF SO, what does this say about Chinese laser tubes that seem to average 3 years? That's not even CLOSE to the "advertised" life spans we read & hear about- And if a fiber is indeed good for 100,000 hours, at my use it'll take 500 years to wear it out!

kinda boggles the mind... ;)