PDA

View Full Version : Thickness Sander

Patrick LaFree
05-19-2018, 1:36 PM
Hi all,

Seeking some advice on my thickness sander breaking down recently. Its a Woodtek ct1332c similar to the Geetech and differently branded models.

I was milling some parts and apparently overloaded the conveyor belt motor. It tripped the fuse and nbd, I replaced it and it worked, great. However, after a few seconds it stopped again and now the main motor wont even turn on. I tightened all of the connections and also reset the arc switch pictured. Not sure if i screwed something up in the process.

Any advice would be appreciated!

John Sincerbeaux
05-19-2018, 4:58 PM
In my experience, things like this are usually super easy fixes but drive you crazy trying to find them. I would take a voltmeter and start at the circuit breaker panel and work through everything. Assume nothing! One time i spent hours trying to figure out a similar problem and it was just a wire had come loose in the plug.

Good luck

Ron Citerone
05-19-2018, 9:26 PM
In my experience, things like this are usually super easy fixes but drive you crazy trying to find them. I would take a voltmeter and start at the circuit breaker panel and work through everything. Assume nothing! One time i spent hours trying to figure out a similar problem and it was just a wire had come loose in the plug.

Good luck

I agree. When I taught shop for many years, I had the luxury of having the district electrician help me when I had problems I couldn't figure out. On many occasions it was broken wires, broken connectors and yes, the old dust in the switch trick. Rarely was it a motor.

Bill Orbine
05-20-2018, 7:42 AM
The yellow cord under machine has a plug cover......appears it's not attached to plug body (unseen). Not only the cover shields from electrical danger, it also act as cable grip to prevent wires from pulling from the connections. It also appears that the yellow cord is so short and taut that it barely makes it into the machine.....I see a bundle of wire nuts are entry point at bottom of control panel box. Has cable pulled from the box/wirenuts? Perhaps you need a appropiate cord and a longer length? I'd start with those areas.

Mike Heidrick
05-20-2018, 10:26 AM
That box should not have or need ANY wire nuts in it. Those are terminal components and blocks.