PDA

View Full Version : Nickle tour of a cleaned up shop?

steven c newman
05-14-2018, 9:20 PM
After all that clearing out, trash hauling...maybe a looksee at what I now call a shop?

From the last of the stairs to the basement...
Look around the left corner a bit....
Then step into the shop....
Toy storage over against the wall, step past the bandsaw...
A bit cramped, but seems to work, all needful things within arm's reach...then the main work zone..
Almost too clean to be a working woodshop?:rolleyes::D
Took a long time to clean this shop up, lots of junk went to either the trash, or the fire pit. Shop now has it's own trash can IN the shop. Task at the end of a work session is to clean the place up, and put the toys away. (will see how long THAT lasts:rolleyes:)

That be the short tour, hope I didn't bore anyone...;)

James Pallas
05-14-2018, 9:57 PM
Where are the dragons, dungeon shop and no dragons.? I guess you can have fun messing it up again but I was expecting dragons.
Jim

Stew Denton
05-14-2018, 10:39 PM
Wow, looks great!

One thing that is pretty neat, is that we have gotten to see the builds of quite a few of your storage cabinets, boxes, and racks. Good job, congrats on the shop!

Stew

Jerry Olexa
05-14-2018, 11:19 PM
WOW...So you guys actually CLEAN your shops!!!! Looks good Steve

Andrew Hughes
05-14-2018, 11:45 PM
That's a little better :)

Dave Anderson NH
05-15-2018, 12:33 PM
Amazing! Your shop actually does have a floor.

steven c newman
05-15-2018, 2:16 PM
Hmm. If you gentlemen had seen all the work that this took...and by myself.....

Usually a Spring cleaning happens each spring, and then the stuff just piles up, again. Decided to make a clean sweep, and take steps to keep the place this clean. Place ( too small for a Dragon to get his fat body in) now has it's own, dedicated cleaning tools and it's own trash can. The "plan" is to clean the place at the end of every work session, before closing up for the day. When the trash can is full....and no wind outside, the Fire Pit can handle all the burnables. Marshmallows are extra.....

ken hatch
05-16-2018, 4:57 AM
Hmm. If you gentlemen had seen all the work that this took...and by myself.....

Usually a Spring cleaning happens each spring, and then the stuff just piles up, again. Decided to make a clean sweep, and take steps to keep the place this clean. Place ( too small for a Dragon to get his fat body in) now has it's own, dedicated cleaning tools and it's own trash can. The "plan" is to clean the place at the end of every work session, before closing up for the day. When the trash can is full....and no wind outside, the Fire Pit can handle all the burnables. Marshmallows are extra.....

Steven,

As the owner of a shop with 10lbs of stuff in a 5lbs space I can tell you it ain't going to happen:p. But good luck anyway,

ken

Don Orr
05-16-2018, 9:18 AM
I'm impressed!

Tony Zaffuto
05-16-2018, 1:29 PM
You'll never find where you've stored/moved everything. You'll end up replacing many tools/gadgets, until once again you know where everything is. At that time, take a photo and compare it to what your shop looked like before cleaning-bet it looks the same!

Cleaning your shop is the main reason you end up with multiples of the same tool.

Matt Lau
05-16-2018, 4:40 PM
Looks nice! I need to clean up my shop sooo bad.

steven c newman
05-16-2018, 11:34 PM
At least now I can make use of BOTH mitre boxes....saved the Stanley to cut down LONG boards that I don't have the room for on the Langdon 75...
Bandsaw gets in the way on the left side of the #75......The Stanley I can move to where I have all the room I need. Then put it back when all the cuts are made.

kent wardecke
05-18-2018, 9:09 PM
Looking good. Swept and picked my shop a bit myself .It needs to be done from time to time.