PDA

View Full Version : Building a bed frame....

steven c newman
05-14-2018, 12:38 PM
Existing frame is a metal, angle iron thing.....plan is to use that, but add a 2 x frame around it. Have the 4 boards sitting IN the van....Thunderstorms in the area means they will stay there.

Corner joints? Needs to be where the bed can be disassemble, IF need be ( like during a move...), but, right now there is no plans for a corner post. Rails will get attached to the metal frame, maybe lag screwed in place. This won't be some fancy-schmancy project. Pine for the 2 x 12 lumber...went through 1/2 a rack, searching for 4 decent planks.

May try a sliding dovetail joint, to connect all the sides. No glue, as they can be slid apart when needed. The Boss is still debating on what headboard she wants made....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

May "soften" the top edges, may add a bead or two.

IF this rain ever stops long enough, I can haul a few boards to the shop....we'll see.

I have a box of self-drilling screws handy...used them a lot, before. Adding angle iron items to concrete form work...Some even threaded the hole as they drilled.

Soooo, that be the next build thread....stay tuned.:D

steven c newman
05-14-2018, 9:07 PM
Working through the design, as I go....planks even have a stamp, on them..:eek:
Four planks 2 x 10 x 8'...need to go back and by lumber for the corner posts. Then I can start making some sawdust.
Stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-15-2018, 1:54 PM
Went to the Blue Box this morning....they want too much for the 2 posts..( $13??) so, will go over to the big Green Box this afternoon. Boss has decided on a head board style....involves padding, staples, 1/2" plywood, and some fabric....Thinking a 2x above and below the head board panel......panel is to sit in a groove in the two corner posts. May make a M&T joint to connect the posts to the 2x s top and bottom.

About all I bought at the Big Blue Box was a new 1/2" bandsaw blade....

steven c newman
05-15-2018, 6:18 PM
Trip to the Big Green Box...$50, and I get a few coins back....

2 non-treated 4 x 4 x 8' white pine for the corner posts...
Two 2 x 4 x 6' for the top and bottom edges of the head board panel..

1/2" x 24" x 8' plywood, to be cut down for the head board panel.

2 x 2 x 8' for legs for an end table build
1 x 4 x 6' for aprons for the end table build
1 x 10 x4' to be cut to 24" long, and glued up for an end table's top

Would unload it all from the van..but it is a little too wet outside...

Still have to have her pick out what she wants to cover the panel for the head board with....posts and top and bottom rails with get a groove to house the panel..when she gets it done...

This may turn out to be "FUN"
stay tuned....might be two projects for the price of one "Admission"

steven c newman
05-15-2018, 11:42 PM
Lumber has been unloaded from the van...whew. Need to find my notepad, so tomorrow I can get some measurements, and sketch out some sort of "plan".....as soon as I remembere what a plan is....

As Boris Badanov was wont to say...." I always have plan, they don't always work out, but I always have plan.."

Sliding dovetails? Lap joints? M&T Joints? And that is just for the bed frame.....will see how that short finger holds up....stay tuned.

steven c newman
05-16-2018, 12:21 PM
Notepad has been found, and a few markings have been made..
That is usually all I need as far as a "Plan" is concerned. Then a few other tools...
I had the sizes for the rails that showed where I need to cut those at. Posts were another lay out problem..
I need to get a foot board post, AND a head board post out of this beam. (later I will cut the other 4 x 4 down, once this one is done..)
Had some bad spots to work around...
Yeah. FirePit. Got VETOED about cutting the beam in place, had to haul it down to the shop...and dig out the cutting tools..
Saw was sold by Worth. 26" long, 8 ppi. Took a few more than 7 strokes to cut through the posts....Cardio Workout?
Two posts, ready for the joinery stuff. May keep going with these two, or, layout out beam #2 and cut it to size....
Rails sit in a lap joint, with the posts to the outside of the frame.
Which means I have to clear away wood to make the housings. This way, the inside of the frame will be clear at the corners. Head board panel will sit in grooves both in the posts, and a pair of rails...
Laid out for the top rail.

Now, since I do not have a 3/4" deep dovetail bit for the router, I guess the sliding dovetails to connect the rails will be hand cut.
Intent is to be able to tear the bed down, in order to move it....like when moving from house to house. Queen-sized frame might be a bit too big to leave together...

Project has been started....when this one is done, there are the parts for a Pine Bedside table project waiting, to be used with the bed. replaces a folding TV Tray.

Stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-16-2018, 5:51 PM
A bit more was done today....ever wonder WHY they are called beater chisels?
Because you beat on it to make it work. Drive it down, then hit the side of the handle until the wafers pop..
Then a "real" chisel can go to work..
A large slick works nicely...then another did the corners and a bit of end grain..
Had to set up a mitresaw, to make the square cuts on each end..
Post was too long to fit on the Langdon 75....not enough room for a long board. Rest of the cuts were done with a Vintage saw..
Had errands to run...might get some more done later tonight...or wait until tomorrow. Need to get the other post to the shop, and cut it to size....
Stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-18-2018, 1:33 AM
Decided to at least TRY to cut the second 4 x 4 x 8" done to close to the sizes I needed.....worn out from making the first cut-off with that Stanley #2246....was ticked off, anyway.....grabbed the vintage circular saw, and made a second cut-off.....then marked things to fine tune the cuts...once I finally cool off. Unless some Guru comes along and tells me what age he thinks these two saws are....

Once the posts are done, then I can cut the rails to size, and start on the headboard. May give the wider Aldi's chisels a decent workout.....along with the slick.

Chilling with a Cheeseburger from the grill, and a Guinness Blonde Lager.....might do the trick.

steven c newman
05-18-2018, 12:27 PM
Awaiting the charger for the camera's battery to finish it's job. Picked a new (to me) tripod today, in the rain, at a yard sale....old one is to be tossed out...

Will see what the Boss says, but I MIGHT try to get the posts done today.....then attempt some sliding dovetails on the rails...without using the corded router...should be "entertaining" :rolleyes:

steven c newman
05-18-2018, 3:38 PM
Ok, camera is back, new tripod works great. Got these notches all done
To house the bed rails.
Short ones are the foot board posts, tall still need a head board panel made.
Lots of toys were out and about, today..
Mitre box was also put to use. Had to keep checking the posts...to make sure I had all the notches where they were supposed to be....been known to foul that up....

Need to haul a few 2 x 10 x 8' planks to the shop....and start on the rails....or.....maybe just the 2 x 4 x 6' for the top and bottom rails for the headboard panel to sit in. Simpler M&T joints....need to get the Stanley #45 set up..to plough a 5/8" wide by 1/2 deep groove to house the plywood panel. The Boss will do the "covering"...for a padded effect. Still has to chose the material...yet.

Road Trip...maybe when I get back, I can get a little more done? Stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-18-2018, 6:25 PM
Guess I missed the Road trip...for now.

Single Brain Cell Sketch Up is trying to get the grooves and joints lined up for the head board build....joining a 2 x 4 into a 4 x 4....with a stopped groove in the 4 x 4. Groove must also align with the through groove in the 2 x 4....
Thinking I can make two tenons on the end of the 2 x 4, one on each side of the groove. May also "house" the end of the 2 x 4 into the 4 x 4. Bed inside width is 60".....I am working with 2 of the 2 x 4 x 6' boards...Also have to allow for the width of the plywood panel....23-7/8" wide. Panel right now is 8' long....I can cut that to the length..as soon as I know WHAT it will be...

May have to do this in a few steps....rails may get done first, then the joints in the tall posts. Head board will be a glue-up....so it can be moved as a unit. May take two people to get it up and out of the shop...

Maybe after Supper, I can meander down to the shop...with the 2 x 4s in hand?

Stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-18-2018, 8:19 PM
Instead of making shavings, and saw dust...made metal shavings....and sharpened the new rip saw...getting a bit too tired to work in the shop....too much can go wrong, when you get too tired.

fancy joints can wait until the morning. Once the brain gets some rest....

Picked a couple DVDs up at a yard sale....might just sit and watch those on the computer...

steven c newman
05-19-2018, 7:49 PM
Ok...Yard sales in the morning....the shop time after lunch...for 4 hours....
The head board posts needed some work done, today...I kept the two clamped together for a while, as I wanted some things to line up between the two..
First task was to cut a dado..
Only needed it to be 1/2" deep, but about 1-1/2" or so wide....for a 2 x 4 to fit into..Backsaw to cut the walls..
Chisel out most of the waste..
The cleaned up with a plane. had one for the top, and this one down by the rails. Then laid out a few mortises..
With the usual suspects to dig a few holes...
Got the mortises done for the bottom rail...then decided to separate the posts..lot easier to move just one at a time. Got both tops done, despite a couple knots..
Yeah.....All 8 mortises had to be at the same depth, too..
Set up the Stanley 45 with a #16 straight cutter, to plough a slightly wider than 1/2" groove, right done the center of the posts. Will house the plywood panel.
Wasn't too easy, as it was a "stopped groove", Could not let it run on through.

Time for Part 2 of today's misadventures..stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-19-2018, 8:04 PM
OK, Stopped Groove....
Once the 45 had cut as much as it could...backsaw to cut the walls to the depth needed. Hammer and chisel to "pop" the waste out. until the groove was done...Set aside, and repeat for the other post..
Basically done...clamped back together for now. 2 x 4 was next on the bench..
Once I figured out how long to make the 72" long boards. Then cut them the length ~ 63" long..laid out the tenons..
One of the few times a powertool was used...bandsaw to make some of the cuts, backsaw for some of the others, chisel to chop the waste from the middle area...
May come back and "pin" the tenons during the glue up. Dryfit..
One end done, three to go, plus run the 45 down the center. About this time..back started to stiffen up...had been running the shop fan all day..onto me. Hot and stuffy down there.

Swept the floor for the fourth or fifth time..
Time for supper, and rest the back. Will see IF I can get back to the shop today....may wait til tomorrow.

Anyone "bored" yet? Wasn't too bad, for about four hours of work, today?
Stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-20-2018, 3:06 PM
Made three more sets of these..
Even tried the coping saw to remove the waste trick....was not impressed, went with a sharp chisel, instead..

Ran this thingy around..
When the board is short, this isn't too bad, but..
When the board is over 5' long....and you need to go 1/2" deep....
From just one rail....I got both done, today...even did a dry fit of both posts and the rails...
So I can get an idea about what size to cut the plywood panel....that fits into those grooves..
Debate will be on how to "finish" the tops of the posts....and whether or not to add a few bead details.....even cleaned things up a bit...
Trying to level things out, and get rid of those black ink stamps they always "brand" a board with...

Thing will be a bear to clamp up for the glue up....thinking about pins through the tenons.....wood or Brass? Longest clamps I have IN the shop? 48"....
May need to buy some longer pipes....
Will update when the panel is done, and this headboard is glued up...
Stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-20-2018, 11:28 PM
Well..."Rasselled" a rail down to the shop...some how got it trimmed down for length....and width. notches were a tad too tight..
Little short "rail" is set up to just keep this heavy thing from falling over on to someone...namely me. Design changed....this is too heavy to be trying to slide dovetails together, and adding post to a rectangle...will glue and screw the head and foot board rails in place. Lags, two per corner, will attach the long side rails. counter-bored and with a washer. Counter-bored and plugged screws for the head and foot board rails.
Clamping this monster up will be a bear...hope I have enough clamps...waiting on the plywood panel to get padding and fabric, so I can install it in this frame...may go ahead and complete the foot board.
Notches were for a 1 x 10 at 9-3/8" wide.....these boards seem to have gotten a tad fat..now are 9-1/2" wide. That short rail, is actually a cutoff...had to plane the excess off..to get it to fit..
wasn't in the mood for see-through stuff..
Millers Falls No. 14 jack Plane...no camber. took a while just the same...
Maybe Tuesday, I can try to haul another 2 x 10 x 8' to the shop, and trim it to size.....but, will simply notch as needed.
Been a long day...stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Shopping today..Boss picked out the fabric, we picked out the foam boards that will go under it...priced a stapler....picked up a few #12 wood screws, and a piece of dowel rod. Wooden dowel will be to "pin" the tenons. Screws to attached the head and foot board rails...then cover those with a plug. Debate is also on how to "finish" the tops of the posts. There was even a suggestion about a copper cap......

May try to get the next plank to the shop..later today. Usually, shop is closed on Mondays....we'll see.

steven c newman
05-21-2018, 6:22 PM
lag screws have been bought, along with the washers. Staple gun and a box of staples were bought, as well. Too tired today to haul a heavy plank to the shop..on a Monday.

Maybe tomorrow, I can get a bit more done.....waiting on a couple pay checks to come in, before the fabric and padding get bought. Been told to finish the cap as a bevel...So I have to figure out how to bevel all four edges around the top...no tablesaw in the shop...not sure IF the circular saws can make that cut.....router bit is too small...we'll think about that, for a bit...doubt IF I have room for the bandsaw to do those cuts.
Stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-22-2018, 9:51 AM
Monday is gone ( I hope) Tuesday has arrived ( Good Morning, Captain!) and maybe after "Second Breakfast", I can get some saw work done.

Same Stanley hand-powered stapler that Wall E World had for $9.....found it's "twin" @ Menard's for $5....sold. Neither came with staples....both stores wanted the same price on those.

Once the Paychecks arrive this weekend, the Boss will buy the fabric and padding she wants....then I can get the head board assembled. Today will be the foot board. Will also work on beveling the top of the posts. Maybe a few other details will be added...we'll see. Will measure for the side rails....and try to cut them to size....IF I can get them to the shop.....too wet outside, to use the sawbench on the patio....same with that plywood panel.....it needs to go from 8' long to 67-1/4" long.....neither will fit too well on my workbench....

Stay tuned....Mountain Dew is kicking in, might get something done?

steven c newman
05-22-2018, 1:35 PM
Lunchbreak! Sitting here with a bandaid on a finger.....bead cutter tested for sharpness....not the recommended way...:o

Ran a bead down the center line of the foot board posts. fence adjuster was having "issues" staying put....was set a bit too deep on the cutter...normal stuff...:rolleyes:
Beveling the tops of the posts...
Test cuts...first one wasn't too bad..that second cut.....turned out something else was loose...:mad:
Lock for the bevel setting. Readjust to 22-1/2 degrees, square to guide the cuts ( when there was enough room, had to just follow a line, with the outside of the saw's shoe)
Needs a little clean up.....I also beveled the foot of the posts..
Took almost as long, but..
Will have to do....one post "done"
Three to go...well at least the other post for the foot board, today...
Finally got things about done...noticed the beads weren't quite right.:mad:...brought both posts back to the bench, and ran the Stanley 45 along the non-beaded sides....all four "faces" now are beaded.
Cleaned things up..sanded everything to 180 grit...and cleared the bench off..
Needed it cleared off, to allow the 2 x 10 x 8' a place to lay, while I trim it to length....after Lunch...
I also cleaned the floor...twice. Forgot to turn the shop fan on...so now I am soaked....dry out during lunch, then try to haul the plank to the shop...

Stay tuned....:D

steven c newman
05-22-2018, 6:06 PM
Plank has been hauled to the shop....crosscut to length. Then notched on the ends...equally top and bottom on both ends. Drilled the counter-bored holes for the screws..
Hmmm, something didn't quite fit.....kept checking and double checking...yep post was the right one...notch was on the wrong side....Turned the post...need new holes drilled ( not a biggie, intend to plug all holes, just need three more plugs)
Glue and #12 screws, clamp to keep things steady, while I work on the other end...double checked to make sure I have at least 60" between the posts..
Finally, I could set this aside...
Yep, notches match the headboard's.....those saws?
One set up for bevel cuts, the other for cross cuts...doesn't everybody?

Will let this set a while, waiting on the glue to cure..
Will clean it up tomorrow, and maybe plug the holes....have a bit of scrap that matches this pine...
Next? Maybe cut the side rails for length, and get them pre-drilled? Until the Boss get the plywood panel done, I can't do much else to the headboard.

Maybe a good time to start on that night stand she also wants? Or, knock the headboard apart, and do bevels & beads? We'll see...

Stay tuned ...(Am I boring anyone yet?)

steven c newman
05-23-2018, 7:22 PM
Footboard was taken out of the clamps, and hauled upstairs..needed the room in the shop..
Wanted to make sure it did fit the width of the bed....seems to.
Started taking apart the headboard...had some clean up to do, some beads to mill, and a few bevels to cut/plane...
Cleaned up the tenons. Chin-powered chisel to cut end grain...
Set up a router to clean the rounded edges..
Ran the re-adjusted Stanley 45 for a few beads ( skates weren't inline...back end spread out a bit, binds)
Them 2x 4 rails were a bit long, for the bench..
Got both rails done, and even got one post done...
Beads on two edges, beveled the top. Bottom of the post was beveled like the footboard posts, with a block plane.
Suppertime! Not sure IF I will head back to the shop tonight...we'll see how bored I get.
Stay tuned

steven c newman
05-23-2018, 10:23 PM
Had a "surprise" tonight, and not a nice one.....:mad:

Always hear how plywood is always a little thinner than the listed size....well....plywood panel I bought for the headboard IS EXACTLY 1/2" THICK...:eek:....and, after I had milled all four grooves at 1/2" wide, too....

I brought up one of the 2 x 4 rails, to help size and cut the panel for length......thought I would at least see how loose the fit was going to be.....:rolleyes:....was a tight, almost perfect fit...without the fabric on the panel..not the way the plan was....( of course, IF I had gone with the next size cutter in the Stanley 45, it would have been too loose)

Sooo, now I get to cut the plywood to length ( I hope) and then run the Wards 78 around all the edges, to get enough clearance for the fabric to fit by...:(..one of those days, I guess...

May try to cut the side rails when I cut the plywood....if I have to make a mess on the floor, might as well do all three cuts...I can carry each to the shop, and work on them better, when they are cut to length..

May also assemble the headboard upstairs....much easier to move into the bedroom than hauling it up the shop's stairs, turn three sharp 90 degree turns to get it in place....it ain't the lightest thing, nor the easiest to cart around...we'll see...
Stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-24-2018, 1:28 PM
Had one more post to do, and the rail at the bottom to hold the mattress.....Bead work..
Two beads were done...then a smooth plane was used...

When shavings wrap around your wrist....set up for bevels..
"Powered by Mountain Dew"....First three cuts weren't too tricky..
Saw wanted to rock a bit...and fall into the dado....
Cleaned up well enough.. used a block plane for the bevel on the foot of the post..
Used the same plane to add a bevel to the ends of the rail...after a counter bore was drilled, and a pilot hole...
sanded most of these two to 180 grit....had a couple spots that needed a little extra done..
Once both were done, I hauled them up the stairs....assembly will be where I have enough room to work in.
OK, who moved those two pictures down to "Thumbnail" status? I didn't...they WERE IN the post....and would have made it 8 pictures IF they had stayed put....what genius decided they should be moved? Not very happy....

steven c newman
05-24-2018, 1:42 PM
try this again...see if they move pictures again...:mad:
All that plane work made a mess on the floor..
Finally got things done..had to clean up after meself..
Even dusted things in the til..
At least I can tell which plane is which..
Laid out a drill bit, and the hardware, to connect the side rails to the head and foot board..
Counter bores will be on the mattress side of the rails.
Was a busy morning. Still have to cut the side rails for length, and the 1/2" plywood panel.
Stay tuned...

steven c newman
05-24-2018, 9:32 PM
Placed the plywood panel right on the Dining Room Table....marked it for length, and made the cut....then repeat with the two 79" long rails that USED to be 96" long..
The two cut-offs became a window seat..the scrap from the 1/2" Maple plywood..
Will keep this around a while, may come in handy.....all the parts have been milled, and stacked up into the corner..
Waiting on the rest of the supplies to be bought. May be by next week, I can get this bed done?
Still need to run the Wards 78 around the edge of the plywood, notch the ends of the rails, and drill the counter bores.
Will pre-finish what I can, when I can. Have already started the bedside table, tonight.....may or may not do a thread on that...
Stay tuned..

steven c newman
05-25-2018, 1:57 PM
Hey..I got PAID today..by Uncle Sugar's Army! maybe I can get the items to get this bed DONE? Maybe?

steven c newman
05-25-2018, 11:11 PM
Head board is assembled...been a LONG day..
Gray fabric pulled tight over 1" thick foam panel..
Nailed in place, took two people to install the fabric...one pulling, one driving these nails..
Plywood needed a rebate all the way around..Wards 78...
Even pinned the tenons...

Boss picked out the fabric...and the finish colour..
Fabric ( 2 yards worth) and
"Weathered Gray"...Stain/varnish...her choice, not really mine..what can you do...
Garage sale while out and about..spent $4..
Pair of 3' clamps...
letting the glue sit overnight...will see how it goes...tomorrow....stay tuned.

steven c newman
05-26-2018, 11:38 PM
Spent most of the day going Yard Sale shopping....I also trimmed the excess dowels off...
Brought up supplies to work on the side rails with....10" brace, and a few bits....Forstner bit was just too dull, even for Pine.

Will counter-bore two holes per end, then the pilot holes for the lags...may need some help assembling the frame in place....

Need to add the finish before that.
Stay tuned..

steven c newman
05-27-2018, 11:25 AM
May lay down some newspapers, and try to put a coat of finish on a few things....we'll see. Haven't heard what the schedule for today is...yet.

Late night Pizza-Pizza...was good, just didn't agree with the stomach...crusts weren't done.

Off to find a few good brushes I had stashed away....

steven c newman
05-27-2018, 8:10 PM
Hmmm..let's just say I am NOT a fan of this stuff....but the Boss wanted it...
By Rustoleum, called Weathered Gray.....stain and varnish...she picked it out....maybe the next coat will turn out better....doubt it.....She also only wants this where it will show, once the bed is made..
( there is a slight gap between the rails, letting a bit of light to shine through..).6" drywall knife to keep the goop off the fabric...

Need to bring the footboard out, and "paint" it...and the two side rails. Both on just the outsides...

Not my choice of finish, but what can I do?

steven c newman
05-28-2018, 4:57 PM
Too bleeding hot today....even with the A/C on full blast....Had to work IN the Dining Room, today. Work was to get the side rails ready for the "finish"...
hand tool day. Needed 8 counter-bores drilled, then a pilot hole drilled...
Two holes on each end. Since this will be the "inside" of the rails, I picked which side looked the worse.
Just enough room for the washer...and a socket to fit on the lag bolt....Craftsman #13 bit.....pilot holes was a #6 bit.
Top of the rail needed a notch. Cross cut wasn't too hard to do. The rip cut was made sitting ON the plank, and running an old Farmer saw..
Two-handed grip, too. Block plane to clean it up.

Gave that mitre box from yesterday's rust hunt a test run..
Yes, that end is sitting on a stool...the other end is on the Dining Room Table..Far end of the 2 x 2 is clamped to the plank.....worked, just needs sharpened..
Glue and screws to attach the slat rail to the side rails..
Again, this is the inside of the rail. Slats will sit on the 2 x 2 rail ( may get a screw through the slat..) And then a sheet of 1/2" plywood. Then the mattress.

Need to apply that "finish" to both rails on the outside and top...and also do the foot board....

Slats will be cut for length, once the bed is assembled...
Stay tuned...depending on the finish drying times....this may be done this month..I hope.

steven c newman
05-28-2018, 9:03 PM
Went out and bought a pair of folding sawhorses tonight...and then spread a coat on each part....and a few fingers. Will let the stuff dry overnight.....they are set up on the back porch, where I can't see them.

maybe tomorrow, I can assemble the bed? We'll see....and NO, it will NOT be posted as a "Project"...

steven c newman
05-29-2018, 9:15 AM
Parts are dry...maybe a bit of scruffing up, here and there. Need to get a GrandBRAT OFF the bed, so a tear down of the old frame can be done. Then assemble the new frame, cut slats to size...and see how it looks...

Updates as they come in...

steven c newman
05-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Sooo, "paint " is now dry...and the Boss has approved it..
And the fancy sawhorses I had to go out and buy..
Waiting on a GrandBRAT to wake up, and get off the old bed. Tear the old one down, and build the "new" one in it's place...sometime today..had to dig around to find the 1/2" socket that fit the hammerdrill's end..to drill them lags into place...

Anyone want to stop by, and help with the build?

steven c newman
05-29-2018, 9:06 PM
Calling this project done..
Threw the old bad out...and assembled this in it's place..
Tight fit, bed is rock solid...
Sits up a little higher than the old metal frame thing did..
three 1 x 6 slats, support a layer of 3/4" plywood....all of which is screwed into place...
Rails are held in place with two lag screws at each end.....used a 1/2" socket on a hammer drill, to drive the lags home..
Thanks for looking in...

Pat Barry
05-30-2018, 8:27 AM
The weathered gray finish looks great!