PDA

View Full Version : Adirondak Chair Image

Sean P Brennan
05-12-2018, 6:05 PM
Anyone have a good Adirondak chair image/source they can share. Looking to engrave it on a piece of slate as a gift. What I found so far has lines and details that are too fine and don't reproduce well. Thanks.

Bill Stearns
05-12-2018, 7:03 PM
Sean -
I never knew what those chairs were called; now, I do. Don't see where you're having a problem; I simply Google-searched "Adirondak chair"; > images > under tools went to line-drawings. You're gonna use your mini 40 w to etch into slate? - I, too, have a 40W - I do plenty of graphics 'n photos on solid back granite with great success, but never on slate. - would like to know (see) how it turns out for you. - good luck! BILL

Sean P Brennan
05-14-2018, 3:08 PM
I did use Google to find those. The problem is that the thin lines do not produce well on the slate I am using. The fine lines do not show up well. Was looking for something more "stencil" like without looking cartoonish. I will keep trying some until i find something that works. If I get it to work I will post some pics. Thanks.

Mike Chance in Iowa
05-14-2018, 6:36 PM
I did use Google to find those. The problem is that the thin lines do not produce well on the slate I am using. The fine lines do not show up well.

Since you already have a graphic, thicken up the lines yourself. This will be a good learning experience for many, many projects to come.

Sean P Brennan
05-15-2018, 9:11 AM
Didn't know that was an option. Off to Google to find a Corel tutorial. Thanks for the info!

Mike Null
05-15-2018, 9:19 AM
Sean

Select your image in CD, it is probably a bitmap, on your menu bar select trace and play with that for a while. I like Alex Galvez on youtube for Corel tutorials.

Sean P Brennan
05-20-2018, 11:42 AM
Thank you for the info. It will save me a lot of trial and error.

Edward L Brown
05-29-2018, 10:41 PM
Try Pixabay.com most of the time they have free pic and artwork. They also have sponsored images that are not free. I'm cheap so I steer clear of those.