PDA

View Full Version : Jet JWTS-10 Gold Series Table Saw

Joseph Quattro
05-09-2018, 11:30 PM
I have had a Jet JWTS-10 table saw (708471) for 10-15 years. It’s a nice saw for what I use it for and it’s somewhat portable, important for rolling around my garage/shop. I started tuning it up a few weeks ago and noticed that my saw is badged as a ‘Gold Series’ - something that I have never noticed. It’s pretty prominently displayed as such on the front of the cabinet. I tried searches but never found anything that explains what a ‘Gold Series’ Jet tool is and there is really nothing special about the saw relative to any other that I have experience with. Anyone have any idea?

Joseph Quattro
05-12-2018, 5:52 PM
Picture for those interested.

Mike Cutler
05-13-2018, 7:29 AM
Joseph

I don't think there was really much difference other than appearance. My 6"jointer, 15' planer, and 14" bandsaw are all Jet, Gold Series, machines, purchased in the late 1990's to early 2000's. I also have a Jet DC1100, from that same time frame, that is the same color as the Gold Series machines.My Jet JWTS, contractor style table saw, is the older Jet blue, and identical, with exception to color, to yours.
The manuals for the machines aren't specific to the "gold Series" in any way I can tell. They're the standard manuals for those machines.
Regardless, mine have given me years and years of good service. Many nice projects came off those machines.

Joseph Quattro
05-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Thanks, Mike for the information. I bought my saw around that timeframe, can’t remember the exact year though. The manual I got with my saw is probably at least two generations removed (older) from my saw, so I assumed that it must have been some sort of run or whatever with that badging. I don’t see anything else different and just assumed there wasn’t anything that sets it apart besides the sticker. Still intrigues me though, wonder if some sort of anniversary? I’m sure it will nag me enough to just contact Jet.

Joseph Quattro
05-15-2018, 10:29 AM
I emailed Jet and got a reply this morning. Gold Series was in honor of an anniversary, they didn’t say which one, but I’m guessing 40th given the time when I got the saw, around late 90’s, and the founding date for Jet (from the Internet, 1958). That would fit Mike’s dates as well.