PDA

View Full Version : Woodtec CT- 201 3 hp dust collector

Ron Hampe
05-09-2018, 11:03 PM
They are asking $475. Looks to be well cared for. I have an Oliver 18" planer and Delta DJ-20. Plan to gate them and hope that the dust collector will at least knock the dust down. Never heard of Woodtec though, would this be worth buying?

Tom M King
05-10-2018, 9:24 PM
That's my jobsite DC. I bought it because it was the largest one that would roll through normal doorways, and the price was right. I bought mine new from Woodworkers Supply with the Pro discount.

I like it a lot, and having different brands of baggers, I like those thick Woodtek bags better than any others. 475 seems a little high for a used one, unless the bags are in great shape. I haven't checked what they go for now, but I think it was 2008 when I bought mine new for something like 665.

It will handle the jointer fine, but there is a grid right before the impeller that will clog from a wide, straight knife planer. It's not a safety grid for fingers though, so don't run it with that grid exposed.

For anything we run in a house, it keeps the house dust free. It's a strong blower though, so for a shop, I'd plumb a cyclone in front of it to serve a large planer.

Woodtek is Woodworkers Supply store brand, and I have several of their pieces of equipment because they're so close to where I live. It's decent enough Taiwanese stuff.

Ron Hampe
05-11-2018, 4:33 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it!