PDA

View Full Version : Router for JDS MultiRouter

John Babot
05-07-2018, 6:01 PM
For those who have a JDS please tell me what router you use and what you like or dislike about it. My first JDS was mounted to a screaming loud PorterCable (can't remember the model #). Vibrated like crazy and always felt like it was going to shake everything to pieces. I sold it (along with my entire shop), now I'm retooling. Just purchased a new Multi Router and was thinking of mounting a PC 7518 and run it at slower speeds in the hopes vibration and noise will be reduced. Anyone have particular experience running large routers on this machine?

Thanks,

John

John Sincerbeaux
05-07-2018, 6:25 PM
When i bought my MR, i think the standard router for it was the Bosch 1617evs? The router has been fine but the base has always been kind of a drag. I think the new bases are way better?

Patrick McCarthy
05-07-2018, 6:35 PM
Hhmmm, that name sounds familiar. Welcome aboard John.

Best regards, Patrick

Mike Hollingsworth
05-07-2018, 6:37 PM
MultiRouters eat Router Bearings. I went through a couple sets on my PC690.
I changed over to the Bosch Unit not only for the extra HP, but for the superior depth adjustment.
I like the Milwaukee, but couldn't get a 3/8 collet.

John Babot
05-08-2018, 9:02 PM
Hello Patrick! When you've the time send some pics of your work, shop etc to Jbabot@mac.com. When I receive my "Parts" and get to assembling them I'll post pics. In the mean time I hope glean some insight on what others are using on the JDS.