PDA

View Full Version : Actual projects, bar/table, temporary shop....

Mike Holbrook
05-07-2018, 3:45 PM
Small garage and machines shop. Machines go to the right so I can get the Mini in. The horse stall matts on the floor weight around 90lbs each. Not all that much fun to wrestle into position.

Hand tool shop is currently sharing space with exercise equipment, at least until a construction project or two get done. Yes, I am currently having lighting issues. The horse stall mats over the carpeted floors are actually relatively functional.

Bar/table on new porch. The left side is not done as I am not sure what is going to occupy the space to the left, other than a big smoker/grill. Will probably get trimmed out with maple boards I have. The recessed (8x8 & 4x4) supports were an attempt to make room for short bar stools. The frame is attached to the framed “knee wall” behind it, which may not be visible in the picture.

The bar is on the left side of this new porch/entrance of our new home.

May need to fill a few spots, in the 2” thick (16-20” wide) Maple board with something, as Eliphanes may not do it.

Live edge boards and more texture in wood surfaces is the norm in the foothills of North Georgia.

Mike Holbrook
05-07-2018, 4:42 PM
Finally finished the shutters for the house that just went on the market, there were four shutters:

Need to be sanded and repainted one more time.

Mike Holbrook
05-07-2018, 5:38 PM
Current project is a 7’ Noden (ATB, Adjustable Top Bench). It will help me build a Moravian/Roubo bench in the near future. This bench will serve as an outfeed for machines and two other short workbenches in the hand tool shop. Working on combination adjustable rollers and raising and lowering handles for the two ends.