PDA

View Full Version : Outlets in back of laser

Justin Stark
05-02-2018, 8:56 AM
This may be a very dumb question but better safe than sorry. There is a label on the back of my laser pictured below. What are these outlets for if I’m not supposed to plug into them? I was hoping to connect my chiller, blower, and air assist compressor into it.

I didn’t see anywhere in my G Weike manual saying where to plug the accessory equipment in.

Kev Williams
05-02-2018, 11:22 AM
You can plug anything you want into them. BUT, be aware of the amperage you're plugging in-- A chiller runs around 7 amps when the refer is running, an HF blower draws between 4 and 7 amps, and the laser may draw 7-10 amps under full power... all three must be running to run the laser, so it's possible to overload a 15 amp breaker... might be okay if you feed the machine using a 20 amp breaker.

If you run the chiller OR the blower from a separate power outlet on a separate circuit, you should be fine to plug in the other plus an air pump assuming a 15 amp breaker.

My Triumph, which is a 220v machine, also has 3 outlets, but no warning sticker. But I don't use those outlets, however, I DO run the laser, air pump, blower & chiller using the same same 20amp breaker, I just wired my own plugs for them, not sure I trust Chinese wiring ;)

Justin Stark
05-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Thanks Kev. I did run a 20A breaker in my shop for the laser. I will plan on plugging the chiller into the laser. Then power the compressor and blower on a different circuit with a switch. That way when the laser is on but not running, I won’t have to listen to the extra noise! :)

Dave Sheldrake
05-02-2018, 8:01 PM
I wouldn't

Chiller full of water

Outlets usually not grounded = bad combination.

I've never used them on any machine I have now or have ever had...they are usually nothing but trouble

Doug Fisher
05-02-2018, 10:31 PM
Given all of the posts about troubles traced back to plugging accessories into those sockets, I don't understand why anyone would want to take a chance. You are just asking for trouble to pop up, most likely in the middle of a very big job! Get a quality power strip from Tripp-Light that has individual switches for each socket and plug everything into that.

Justin Stark
05-02-2018, 11:25 PM
Glad I asked. I’ll go with that

John Lifer
05-03-2018, 11:15 AM
I use mine for interior LED lights. About 15 watt worth. Nothing more. They are usually very, very cheap and not wired well. No grounds, or small wiring. Too many issues with large items. I won't even plug my aquarium pump (blower) into it.