PDA

View Full Version : SharkGuard on Sawstop Industrial Anyone?

Patrick Irish
04-30-2018, 1:23 PM
Seller of the Sawstop I got can't find the riving knife, got boxed up during the move, said he'd find by the weekend. Me being impatient, I want to cut now!!!! :D

I have a Sharkguard guard I bought for the Unisaw and the ARK adjustable riving knife. Never used the guard.

SharkGuard wants $45 for their riving knife which would allow me to use the Sharkguard guard and and the over the top dust port.

Anyone have experience with the sharkguard guard compared to the sawstop guard?

Also, sharkguard riving knife compared to sawstops?

The one benefit of using the sharkguard riving knife is I can just keep it on, no need to saw riving knife with splitter like on the sawstop in order to use the guard and above table dust collection.

Another plus is I can order today and get it thursday likely :D

Peter Christensen
04-30-2018, 1:59 PM
Any reason you don't buy it from SawStop? The riving knife is $15 and ships the next day.

Nick Decker
04-30-2018, 2:18 PM
I know nothing about the Shark Guard but I'd get the SS knife. If there's ever a problem, you just call SS. Their saw, their knife, they'll know what to do. Shark Guard, who knows?

Matt Day
04-30-2018, 2:37 PM
Patience grasshopper. On a saw like the SS, use the factory knife. Why risk causing a potentially costly problem?

Patrick Irish
04-30-2018, 2:38 PM
Any reason you don't buy it from SawStop? The riving knife is $15 and ships the next day.

With shipping its $28 and since I want a blade guard and have the Shark Guard already (pic below) I was seeing if anyone has had experience with it on the Sawstop.

http://thesharkguard.com/SGK1%20PICS/Full%20Guard%20extra%20splitsmed.JPG

Simon MacGowen
04-30-2018, 3:15 PM
According to your image, they don't look compatible as the SS's has four holes on the steel plate and -- not sure about this though as I have not really checked the RK's bracket holder -- those holes might be for some pins to lock it down. I agree with Matt -- Call SS in case of doubt...the RK I believe is mounted as part of the blade brake system.

Simon

Patrick Irish
04-30-2018, 10:26 PM
According to your image, they don't look compatible as the SS's has four holes on the steel plate and -- not sure about this though as I have not really checked the RK's bracket holder -- those holes might be for some pins to lock it down. I agree with Matt -- Call SS in case of doubt...the RK I believe is mounted as part of the blade brake system.

Simon

Pic is really just to get an idea of the blade guard. Those aren't the riving knives for a sawstop. They make them for the sawstop and they fit.

I just need to decide on ordering their riving knife so I can use the expensive blade guard with dust port I have already OR go the with Sawstops blade guard setup.

Pic of SharkGuards riving knife. They have slots on the top so the blade guard latches in.

http://thesharkguard.com/sawstop/ss3.jpg

Simon MacGowen
05-01-2018, 12:14 AM
http://thesharkguard.com/sawstop/ss3.jpg

Unless I am missing something, I don' think you can use the sharkguard because after I checked, the SawStop Rk holder uses a pin system to lock position the RK in place when the clamp bar is lifted up. You will have to drill holes (provided you can mark the holes properly).

Perhaps, the sharkguard has slots to slide through the pins?

Simon

Patrick Irish
05-01-2018, 2:49 AM
Unless I am missing something, I don' think you can use the sharkguard because after I checked, the SawStop Rk holder uses a pin system to lock position the RK in place when the clamp bar is lifted up. You will have to drill holes (provided you can mark the holes properly).

Perhaps, the sharkguard has slots to slide through the pins?

Simon

Yeah you are correct, the riving knife by Sharkguard for the sawstop fits the sawstop slot with the correct holes etc.