PDA

View Full Version : Miter Box Help

Robert Bolton
06-28-2003, 3:45 AM
I was wondering whether anyone out there could help a with miter box that I recently acquired.
It is a "langdon" millers falls dating around late1800's and came with a very good condition Disston 28" Back Saw.
Unfortunately it is missing the guides that the saw rests in and the stop assembly that limits how deep it cuts.
All the Google searches and sites that I've visited give me a vague idea of what I need to fabricate "no this is for using not for hoarding". But if anyone has one and can post a close up of the area mentioned it would help enormously.

Thx in advance

Larry Norman
09-23-2003, 7:10 PM
I was wondering whether anyone out there could help a with miter box that I recently acquired.
It is a "langdon" millers falls dating around late1800's and came with a very good condition Disston 28" Back Saw.
Unfortunately it is missing the guides that the saw rests in and the stop assembly that limits how deep it cuts.
All the Google searches and sites that I've visited give me a vague idea of what I need to fabricate "no this is for using not for hoarding". But if anyone has one and can post a close up of the area mentioned it would help enormously.

Thx in advance
Robert, I recently acquired a "langdon" Miller's Falls miter box approximately 1950's. I have not be able to locate a back saw long enough to work in it. If this would work for you, I would sell for $15.00 + freight. It appears to have all the parts and pieces, and seems to be in excellent condition, but without a saw, it has no use for me. I could send pics if necessary

Larry Norman
larry313@msn.com