PDA

View Full Version : Does Dave Marks have three hands?

Rob Blaustein
11-16-2005, 11:46 PM
I just started watching Woodworks on DIY and have enjoyed seeing Dave Marks in action. But I could swear that twice I saw his drill press drill into a piece while both of his hands were clearly visible holding the piece on the table. How'd he do that? Is he related to Uri Geller (the guy who used to bend spoons "with his mind" on TV)? Is it operated by his foot? Is he getting help from a hidden assistant? OK Dave (or some else), fess up.

Mark Singer
11-16-2005, 11:53 PM
I just started watching Woodworks on DIY and have enjoyed seeing Dave Marks in action. But I could swear that twice I saw his drill press drill into a piece while both of his hands were clearly visible holding the piece on the table. How'd he do that? Is he related to Uri Geller (the guy who used to bend spoons "with his mind" on TV)? Is it operated by his foot? Is he getting help from a hidden assistant? OK Dave (or some else), fess up.

It is a Uri Geller trick David learned in Hebrew school in New Jersey:confused:
No I don't think that is the answer...let me start over.
Maybe he has little Uri's in his shop...
I have a Bano next door where I do my Urines

I named my Garbage disposal Uri Geller...it bends spoons also

David is great! Better in person and probably has 3 hands...

Rob Blaustein
11-17-2005, 12:03 AM
I had a funny feeling Singer would chime in like that. He (Dave, that is) does seem like a nice guy--but very sneaky.

At least someone else remembers Uri Geller. Haven't seen him around much since he was handily debunked by The Amazing Randi.

Paul Comi
11-17-2005, 1:16 AM

His drill press does have a foot pedal that actuates the drill to lower from what others have told me. I've only seen his show a half dozen times, but he is great to watch and learn from and the quality of his finished projects is often stunningly beautiful.

Chris Barton
11-17-2005, 7:47 AM
On one of his shows he does a shop tour and shows all of his equipment, much of which is vintage. Anyway, his drill press does have a foot control on it for lowering the bit into the work. Dev will probably post on this question as well and he can tell you what brand, model and serial number the drill press is.

Mark Singer
11-17-2005, 9:38 AM
Yeah,
He has the Uri Geller foot option as they mentioned...I have one on my garbage disposal:rolleyes: