PDA

View Full Version : "Skillsaw" Skill Table Saw

Dick Brown
04-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Going down the street in our town and here were two 8" benchtop table saws on the curb for free. Thought "What the heck, I can clean them up, fix anything that is fixable, maybe get minimum wage for my time and someone get a cheap saw or if no good, give them to the recycle guy. Well, the little Crapsman worked out o.k. and I my keep it for a box joint cutter. The Skil needed a little more work. Turned it over and there was a Skil "Skilsaw" upside down, less base but including handle and place where the switch would be if used as a portable circular saw. Looked like a factory assembled unit. Is this a cleverly done mod or a production run???

Frank Pratt
04-28-2018, 3:12 PM
I remember looking at a job site saw way back when the were a new thing. The guts of it were just that, a circ saw that had been mounted under the table. I can't recall the brand though.

Dick Brown
04-28-2018, 10:04 PM
If you are into the DIY thing, lots of upside down saws fastened under a chunk of plywood but never expected to see it from one of the big name tool companies.

Rick Potter
04-29-2018, 3:23 PM
Try googling the model number.

Matt Day
04-29-2018, 6:03 PM
Those have been around in some form or another for decades. Surely many have used them with success but I’m guessing they’ve had their share of accidents.