PDA

View Full Version : Wow what a site! (web site that is)

Randy Scalf
11-16-2005, 6:04 PM
Well I don't really have a question right now, just wanted y'all to know that I have been mesmerized by this site and all the good things I've seen and read. I have been sitting here for almost two hours now and thought "heck I'm joining these guys". So I did. Anyway, great site I'll be back with couple million questions later, the boss is on her way home and I promised to take her out tonight.

Chris Barton
11-16-2005, 6:14 PM
Randy,

Welcome to the creek! Jump on in, the water is fine...

Vaughn McMillan
11-16-2005, 6:23 PM
Welcome to SMC Randy, and your observations are correct...this is one of those "What a site!" places. Your couple million questions have four or five million answers just waiting for you. ;)

- Vaughn

John Hart
11-16-2005, 6:38 PM
Welcome Randy....Yeah...Have a nice dinner and git yer tail back in here!!:D :D

Steve Clardy
11-16-2005, 6:40 PM
Welcome to the Creek!

Tyler Howell
11-16-2005, 6:43 PM
[quote=Randy Scalf] just wanted y'all to know that I have been mesmerized by this site.

Mesmerized????:eek: :rolleyes:
Keep your eye on the swinging power tool..... You are getting sleepy......sleeeeepy!!!!!
When I snap my fingers you will wake and send me your tools and hardwoods..... You will post lots of pictures of your gloats and projects.
"Snap"
Welcome to the creek Randy don't be alarmed by your unusual behavior.
Great bunch of folks here.;)

Jim O'Dell
11-16-2005, 6:45 PM
Hi Randy! And like the others have said, WELCOME!! You'll continue to find how great a site this is, and it's made that way by the family atmosphere that we have. Oh, and there's lots of help and ideas too. Don't be afraid to pass on any info you may have, that's how we all learn. Jim.

Ken Shoemaker
11-16-2005, 6:46 PM
Randy,
I'm thrilled to have you here with us... I don't post as much as I should but the guys and gals here are the best source of information/education I have.. Welcome aboard

Ken

Mark Singer
11-16-2005, 6:53 PM
Yeah we are pretty nice guys ....especially the others and Welcome!

Marc Langille
11-16-2005, 6:57 PM
Randy,

Welcome aboard, and I hope the "slippery slope" of tool buying doesn't bite you in the wallet too much! :eek:

Marc

Jason Tuinstra
11-16-2005, 7:03 PM
Randy, welcome aboard.

John Bailey
11-16-2005, 7:15 PM
Randy,

Welcome to the "Creek." When you get back from taking the boss out, jump back in and let us know what kind of WW you're interested in and maybe show us some pictures. You're right, it's a great site and you'll be amazed at the expertise provided to questions.

John

Frank Pellow
11-16-2005, 7:16 PM
Well I don't really have a question right now, just wanted y'all to know that I have been mesmerized by this site and all the good things I've seen and read. I have been sitting here for almost two hours now and thought "heck I'm joining these guys". So I did. Anyway, great site I'll be back with couple million questions later, the boss is on her way home and I promised to take her out tonight.
Welcome Randy. :)

One of the best things about this site is the archive of old threads. Use the search capabilities and you can get information, facts, and opinions on most woodworking topics. Unfortunately, there is no tool that lets one differentiate between fact and opinion :( -we leave that up to you. :D

Reg Mitchell
11-16-2005, 7:56 PM
Welcome Randy,
Haven't been here too long muself but these guy's are very kind and a wealth of information. I have benefited already from their willingness to help

lou sansone
11-16-2005, 9:22 PM
welcome to the creek... great site with polite people who sometimes disagree without being disagreeable

regards
lou

Ken Fitzgerald
11-16-2005, 9:35 PM
Welcome to the Creek Randy!

Mike Cutler
11-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Pleased to meet ya' Randy, and welcome to Sawmill Creek.

Jay Knoll
11-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Randy

Welcome to the creek!

Jay

Matt Crew
11-16-2005, 10:50 PM
I agree! What a site!
I've been looking for a plan for a jewelry armoire for I don't know how long, and I found this site through yahoo searching. Bam, there it is. An answer to my question, and I didn't have to ask it.
I just got done signing up and am very happy to have found this place.
I'm not a very experienced woodworker, but I enjoy it very much, and its nice to know there's a place to ask stupid questions.:rolleyes:
I'll be posting you later.
Thanks, Matt

Corey Hallagan
11-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Welcome Randy. SMC is the best!

Corey

Keel McDonald
11-17-2005, 8:52 AM
Welcome Randy, glad to have you aboard. Enjoy the creek!

tod evans
11-17-2005, 9:00 AM
welcome, enjoy your stay. tod

Andy Henriksen
11-17-2005, 1:29 PM
I agree! What a site!
I've been looking for a plan for a jewelry armoire for I don't know how long, and I found this site through yahoo searching. Bam, there it is. An answer to my question, and I didn't have to ask it.
I just got done signing up and am very happy to have found this place.
I'm not a very experienced woodworker, but I enjoy it very much, and its nice to know there's a place to ask stupid questions.:rolleyes:
I'll be posting you later.
Thanks, Matt

And welcome to you too, Matt!

Steve Wargo
11-17-2005, 1:32 PM
Welcome to the Creek Randy. Enjoy the experience.

Steve Stube
11-17-2005, 3:11 PM
Welcome to SMC fellows!

Randy from your stated interest does that mean that the sky is the ceiling for your shop?

Matt a BIG Welcome to you also.