PDA

View Full Version : Aerosol condensation?

Neville Stewart
04-23-2018, 4:04 PM
Odd request I’m sure but can you get or generate condensation such as the effect of breathing on a mirror. Can you get an aerosol mixture to give the same effect?

Keith Downing
04-23-2018, 4:50 PM
Are you referring to something like frosted glass? Or you want actual moisture?

Keith Downing
04-23-2018, 4:55 PM
Assuming it is frosted glass you're after, there are some products (aerosol and paint on) that will allow you to attempt this. Rust-oleum has a Frosted Glass Spray Paint I know.

But if you are working with glass I'd say the best effect would probably be achieved by sand blasting. That's the smoothest, most natural looking finish I've ever been able to create for that frosted effect; for lettering designs at least.

Neville Stewart
04-23-2018, 10:59 PM
No I’m looking for a spray that totally mimics breathing on a mirror. It’s to help when using a red laser on a seriously shiny object.

Kev Williams
04-23-2018, 11:41 PM
I think I know what you're trying to do --

try some of this--
cut what you need with scissors, and just drape it, don't press if you don't have to-- hopefully it's transparent enough-

Gary Hair
04-24-2018, 10:11 AM
No I’m looking for a spray that totally mimics breathing on a mirror. It’s to help when using a red laser on a seriously shiny object.

Try hairspray. It's opaque enough to reflect the laser but transparent enough to see what's underneath. It washes off with water so it's not permanent.

Scott Shepherd
04-24-2018, 11:08 AM
Have you tried a puppy? Puppy breath is what you are looking for.

:D

Matt McCoy
04-24-2018, 11:29 AM

Don't forget to remove the puppy before closing the lid!

Kev Williams
04-24-2018, 12:20 PM
Here ya go, this IS actually puppy breath in a can ;)

Our workable, mottle-free fixative is excellent for protecting pastel and charcoal drawings between layers of color. Rework and erase if desired.

Carlos Alvarez
04-24-2018, 12:46 PM
Don't forget to remove the puppy before closing the lid!

Oh crap, BRB guys!

And yeah, Aquanet kills gloss where needed, with no effect on the surface. I used it when I was doing part time photography work and would end up in rooms with hard reflections.

Gary Hair
04-24-2018, 2:52 PM

you owe me a new monitor, either that or a big bottle of windex.

Carlos Alvarez
04-24-2018, 3:02 PM
you owe me a new monitor, either that or a big bottle of windex.

Monitor fogged up?

Neville Stewart
04-25-2018, 6:53 AM
Youse guys : ). Great ideas, I’ll let you know what works.