PDA

View Full Version : New Galaxy mirror

JohnC Lucas
04-23-2018, 7:49 AM
I had finish compatibility problems with the mirror I posted about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I also got a new Grex air brush and decided to make another galaxy mirror. I was able to control this brush much better than the older Iwata. I also got the Grex air compressor which I like much better than the Iwata that I used before. I think I was able to get the planets much better with the new air brush. I also did a stool with Dogwood leaves to learn more about masking.

daryl moses
04-23-2018, 11:12 AM
Very nice!!

John K Jordan
04-23-2018, 10:15 PM
I had finish compatibility problems with the mirror I posted about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I also got a new Grex air brush and decided to make another galaxy mirror. I was able to control this brush much better than the older Iwata. I also got the Grex air compressor which I like much better than the Iwata that I used before. I think I was able to get the planets much better with the new air brush. I also did a stool with Dogwood leaves to learn more about masking.

Now I want to sign up for your airbrushing class. What, you don't have one scheduled yet? :)

JKJ

Frederick Skelly
04-23-2018, 10:27 PM
That's pretty John. I love the colors too.
Fred

JohnC Lucas
04-24-2018, 7:20 AM
Doing an airbrush demo in Roanoke Virginia. I think it's on the 23rd. Of course if you come to the shop I'll let you play. We can set up both airbrushes so you can see the differences.

Sid Matheny
04-24-2018, 6:19 PM
Wow that looks great and I could sure use some of those airbrushing class.

JohnC Lucas
04-25-2018, 7:31 AM
Sid go to youtube and do searches. It's amazing what you find. It's kind of like woodturning however there is bad information and good info. Avoid all the ones that say, make your own thinner and air brush cleaner. 2 of the best things I did to improve working with the airbrush was to buy commercial thinner and cleaner. I also found that some of the homemade cleaners can actually damage the plating in airbrush parts. The overall techniques of masking and creating things like flames and ribbons and flowers etc. are really useful. Oh I just noticed your from McMinnville. I'm just east of Sparta about an hour or less from you. Feel free to get in touch with me and come visit. johnclucas45@gmail.com We have a turning club in Cookeville and your welcome to that also.

Sid Matheny
04-25-2018, 1:27 PM
Thanks John I may just have to make a trip to Sparta before long.