PDA

View Full Version : ERROR Message - RDCAM stopped working

Roger Lueck
04-22-2018, 2:04 AM
RDWorks was upgraded from RDWorks v8 8.01.17 to RDWorks v8 8.01.28. When the RDWorks "button" at the top of the CorelDraw X7 screen was used to send a file to RDWorks an error message appeared stating that RDCAM had stopped working. Attached is a "screen shot" of the message.

What caused the error message to appear (as well as RDCAM to stop working) and what is the solution to get RDCAM/RDWorks to work again?

Thank You,
Roger

Bill Carruthers
04-22-2018, 9:48 AM
[QUOTE=Roger Lueck;2805479]RDWorks was upgraded from RDWorks v8 8.01.17 to RDWorks v8 8.01.28. When the RDWorks "button" at the top of the CorelDraw X7 screen was used to send a file to RDWorks an error message appeared stating that RDCAM had stopped working. Attached is a "screen shot" of the message.

What caused the error message to appear (as well as RDCAM to stop working) and what is the solution to get RDCAM/RDWorks to work again?

Thank You,

Try starting/running RDworks directly (not through CorelDraw).If it works then try importing the file from wherever you've saved it.

John Lifer
04-23-2018, 9:15 AM
Did you correctly upgrade? RDworks is a very difficult program to properly upgrade. Not simply installing a new version. Old should be removed entirely and properly including the link in Corel. This is one reason I don't try and keep up very often.

Roger Lueck
04-23-2018, 12:48 PM
John,

Thanks for the info on upgrading I was simply doing an uninstall and then attempting the upgrade. I will uninstall and then delete everything, then install the upgrade and the Corel plug in.

Thank You,
Roger

John Lifer
04-25-2018, 3:09 PM
The site Rdworkslab has the correct procedure for unistalling and upgrading. I really hate doing it and like I said earlier, don't unless something really good has been changed and that doesn't happen often. Plugin can be a pain.