PDA

View Full Version : KH-5030 50W Chinese Laser

Phillip Rivera
04-20-2018, 10:39 PM
I have had absolutely no luck in getting any type of customer support out of the company (eBay) I purchased the laser from.

If you own the same type of laser, please send me a text message to I want to compare settings.

Thank you.

Bill George
04-21-2018, 7:59 AM
Thank you.[/QUOTE]
First I would never publish my phone number on the WWW as spammers pick it up and you will be getting lots and lots of spam calls. Second you need to list the issues you have on here you need help on, If you want one on one help go back to your vender.

Is this you? FYI Mike wisely deleted your phone number and I found your name and home address on Google in less time it took to type this.

Phillip Rivera
05-04-2018, 7:46 AM
Thank you very much for the advice. I (foolishy) posted my phone number because I am anxious to get my laser engraver working. When I plug the USB cable from the laser to my computer, my computer does not recognize I just made a USB connection. I also tried going from my laptop to the laser. Same effect, nothing. I am using RDWorks 8.27 release. I also tried just plugging in a USB thumb drive into the laser with drawings in .dxf, jpg, png, AI, and other vector formats. When I use the key pad to read file from USB, the laser tells me "No Files". I wonder if switching out the controller board to a new after market board would help.

John Lifer
05-04-2018, 9:16 AM
Phillip. No surprise as to lack of 'service' from an eBay RE seller.... But I digress.
Your USB port on the laser might or might not work when connected to PC. But it WON'T read ANY file but an RD file. Use RDworks and once your file is ready, click on save to ufile. It should save onto the thumb drive. Then plug into laser port and see if you can import it. Go to the RDworkslab.com site and download the manual in better english than the chinglish on the Ruida site. Read it and it should help you a lot. MY laser has a USB port for computer AND a Udisk port for the thumbdrive.

It might be your setting on the ports aren't the same either if you DO have an actual USB port.

John Lifer
05-04-2018, 9:20 AM
RANT mode!
Oh, and I see you are ready to throw Good money after Bad when you are thinking about spending $ on a different controller! Not yet and again, If you are going to by a Chinese laser, DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY or AMAZON!
Order direct from a Chinese Manufacturer or from a true US dealer such as Rabbit.
That way you DO have some support and Warranty!

The Dollars you spend over the eBay junk is worth more than you realize and you can keep more of your hair.

Rant Off....

Good luck with getting it to work.

Bill George
05-04-2018, 1:52 PM
Thank you very much for the advice. I (foolishy) posted my phone number because I am anxious to get my laser engraver working. When I plug the USB cable from the laser to my computer, my computer does not recognize I just made a USB connection. I also tried going from my laptop to the laser. Same effect, nothing. I am using RDWorks 8.27 release. I also tried just plugging in a USB thumb drive into the laser with drawings in .dxf, jpg, png, AI, and other vector formats. When I use the key pad to read file from USB, the laser tells me "No Files". I wonder if switching out the controller board to a new after market board would help.

No, if you tried another USB cable or even another computer I would do a eBay complaint process and get your money back. Buy from a USA vender as suggested on here.

Jerome Stanek
05-04-2018, 3:48 PM
did you load the usb drivers first

Jerry Wright
05-04-2018, 8:09 PM
Very impressed by Ten - High laser purchased through Amazon and shipped from manufacturer. Prompt 1-4 hour responses on tech service emails. Large company making solar panels, wind turbines, lasers, etc.

John Lifer
05-04-2018, 8:58 PM
Good to know Jerry, but I KNOW PERSONALLY of Amazon Resellers that are as bad as Ebay sellers.....

Buyer beware. If it isn't their ONLY business Stay away.

Dave Sheldrake
05-04-2018, 9:46 PM
Ten-High are drop shippers, their laser machines are made by Shenhui

Phillip Rivera
05-08-2018, 12:45 PM
John, I had not read anywhere that the file had to be in RD format. The Chinglish manual says the laser recognizes the formats I said earlier, .jpeg, etc. Thank you.

Phillip Rivera
05-08-2018, 12:48 PM
I don't class that as a rant. Just sounds like good advice.

Phillip Rivera
05-08-2018, 12:52 PM
I always pay through PayPal. They have a buyer's warranty program that is suppose to cover your purchase for six months. PayPal opened a case for me a few days ago.

Bill George
05-08-2018, 2:10 PM
I always pay through PayPal. They have a buyer's warranty program that is suppose to cover your purchase for six months. PayPal opened a case for me a few days ago.

The PayPal recourse works, I had a online seller that sold me a Link to her book. Turned out her book was a Hodge podge of thrown together other Internet sourced books. After the process they refunded my money. They will get the sellers attention!!

Yes the USB stick has to be in 8.3 format and come from their software. I could never get mine on my other machine to work.

John Noell
05-08-2018, 11:17 PM
If you have a Ruida controller, I would suggest using Lightburn (from Lightburnsoftware.com). A very skilled (and responsive) American programmer created it. It has 30 day free trial (with NO restrictions at all). It is MUCH better than RDWorks.

Julian Ashcroft
05-09-2018, 2:31 AM
I agree with the Lightburn comments, I have been using it since the day came out, updates are regular and response time to queries is very fast. I haven’t used RDWorks at all since I got Lightburn.

Tina Gately
12-23-2018, 11:03 PM
Has anyone found a user manual? I have the machine installed mid late but never using it I wanted to have some sort of user manual to try to start off on the right foot any help would be greatly appreciated

I have had absolutely no luck in getting any type of customer support out of the company (eBay) I purchased the laser from.

If you own the same type of laser, please send me a text message to I want to compare settings.

Thank you.

Bill George
12-24-2018, 8:40 AM
Has anyone found a user manual? I have the machine installed mid late but never using it I wanted to have some sort of user manual to try to start off on the right foot any help would be greatly appreciated

Find out by opening a few covers on your machine what controller you have and do a search for it. The software manual should get you started. Also lots of info on here. Just wondering why you purchased a laser, do you have a project in mind?

Clark Pace
12-26-2018, 12:17 PM
After plugging in your use from the computer to the laser. Have you run the software that sets up your driver. If so have you started artworks and tried simply drawing a line or square and sending it. And yes the needs to be an rd file. Of course you can do graphics through the laser networks program. The laser won't read a not along as it won't know what power speed etc

Mike Thornbury
01-29-2019, 5:28 AM
I know it’s a month old, but check the cable from the outer case of the laser chassis to the inward USB port on the controller. It’s usually just a ‘panel mount’ USB extension and it could be faulty or just fallen out.

Given that you can’t get it to read USB stick or be recognised by two different computers, that says to me that it’s a physical connection problem, or a broken controller, rather than a driver issue.