PDA

View Full Version : New here with M-25 software Q

Thomas Wynn
11-16-2005, 11:08 AM
I just got a M-25 and I'm very happy with it, BUtttttt I can not get Illustrator to print to it. I send the file then poof nothing. Works fine with Coral Draw 12.

I'm running Widows XP SP2
I've tried Illustrator CS and 10

I'm new to windows, so that could be a problem too :p

14 years of Mac and illustrator use, Draw makes my head hurt to use:p

I did a search but didn't find too much on my problem

thanks

Thomas

Gary Shoemake
11-16-2005, 1:21 PM
Welcome to the Creek. I also have a Mercury, but use Corel. THere has been some discussion in the past and a possible incompatibility with AI. Do you have EngravLab? You might have to set up your graphic in AI and then import it into the Engravelab. When I use Engravlab that is what I have to do. However I mostly just use Corel 12 and go directly to the laser.

Here is a comment that I cut and pasted from another thread on the forum. THe author Kevin Huffman is a tech at Signwarehouse and is perhaps one of the best when it comes to the Pinnicle laser series.

Hey Mike,
Welcome to the creek. Come on in the water is great and the information is better.
As far as trying to get it to cut, I would try setting your unit of measurement to inch's and try .001. That is what you have to set Coral to for it to be able to cut with our Pinnacle Lasers. I might work for you. I have a couple of AI user with our laser and I am have been told they have not been able to get it to vector cut. Good luck.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
Kevin W. Huffman II
Pinnacle Laser Tech Support
1-800-699-5512 x 2751

Joe Pelonio
11-16-2005, 2:55 PM
We've found here that anything created by Adobe Illustrator in a version over 9 is going to do funny things because their technology is not recognized by the other, older programs and hardware that we use.
The worst is CS, I've had problems importing customer output files
into Corel 12 from CS even when the save it as an older version level.
Try publishing from Illustrator to PDF and use that in Corel.

Thomas Wynn
11-16-2005, 3:10 PM
Try publishing from Illustrator to PDF and use that in Corel.

Thanks - thats my current work around. I'll see if I can did up an older version of AI - I just work so much faster in AI.

Thomas

Jerry Allen
11-16-2005, 3:56 PM
Thomas,
Are you trying to print raster or vector or both?
As stated before, line width counts. Draw will print hairline to .001 as vector. Also, the color pallete is critical. Your GCC driver only recognizes 16 basic colors. Black, red, yellow, blue, etc. You might make sure that Illustrator is not mapping the basic colors to it's own definition.
I get a headache from Illustrator. Guess it's just what you get used to.
Over time Draw may become easier. Once you learn a few key commands it really speeds up things.
The Mercury is HPGL compatible so you may be able to use an HP Colorjet driver with Illustrator. Also there might be some internal settings that will get you working.
Try contacting tech support at this link:
http://www.laserproi.com/en/laser_contact.html

Thomas Wynn
11-17-2005, 9:40 AM
Still not working - but I have a good work flow now with Illustrator to PDF to Corel.

thanks all for the input - if I ever get it to print I'll update.

Thomas

Gary Shoemake
11-23-2005, 3:23 PM
Hi

Recieved an email from Kevin Huffman at signwarehouse regarding this issue. He is having some log on problems that he and Keith Outten are currently working on, so he asked me to post this for him.

Hey Gary,
Can you let Thomas Wynn know that to get AI to work you have to first make your line width 0.001, then you have to group all the cut lines together and you have to bring all the cut lines to the front (top).
That should fix his issue.

Kevin W. Huffman II
Pinnacle Laser Tech Team
800-699-5512 ext. 2751

Hope that this helps all involved.
Have a great Thanksgiving holiday.

Gary
</WMFILTERED>