PDA

View Full Version : National Do Not Call Registration

Ken Salisbury
06-27-2003, 8:01 PM
After watching the news this morning about the National Do Not Call Registry I went to the Do Not Call Web Site (http://www.donotcall.gov)to register. It took numerous attempts before I was able to even reach the site (later learned that traffic on the site was bogging it down). It seems to be working fine right now.

The site stated that an e-mail would be sent to verify your registration that required a response from you. The site said the e-mail would be sent in a matter of minutes.:D. I registered both of my phones at 10:45 am -- finally got the verification e-mails at 5:58 pm.

So if you register - be patient. It does work.

Ron Meadows
06-27-2003, 8:32 PM
I hope it really works. I've been getting so many calls lately that I'm about ready to get an unlisted number. They always seem to call at the most inopportune time as well. I even had one call the house at 10:00 PM. Not good when you have a two year old who is a very lite sleeper.

Steve Clardy
06-27-2003, 9:27 PM
for around a year and a half now. Takes about 6 months to get things slowed down. Only ones that CAN call are the phone and long distance telemarketers, which are the worst ones that call all the time.
But overall it is a great deal. :D
Steve

Jason Roehl
06-27-2003, 10:23 PM
Indiana has (I believe) the best no-call list/law in the country--and I am on it. Haven't had any telemarketers call in 2 years or more. And they won't unless they LIKE to spend $25,000 to hear me tell them I will report them to the Attorney General. :D So there's no reason to even consider the national one for me.

Phil Phelps
06-28-2003, 8:10 AM
I have just regestered three numbers. I haven't checked the e-mail reply, but I hope my business and fax lines go through. I have run out of indexed answerers to questions when the telemarketers call. "How are you today", "I was fine 'till you called"..."May I speak to the person in charge of..." "no, you'll have to place an order and include your social security, drivers license, and two credit card numbers"... And usually on Monday my fax machine runneth over. I hope this helps, but I bet they'll find another way.

Glenn Clabo
06-28-2003, 8:22 AM
After watching the news this morning about the National Do Not Call Registry I went to the Do Not Call Web Site (http://www.donotcall.gov)to register. ....

So if you register - be patient. It does work.

We did it at 6am and got a reply withing 20 seconds. Now I understand it's really bogged down. I guess it shows how many people are upset about these people who think it's okay to bother me in my house using my phone...Now we need to do something about spam!

Jason Roehl
06-28-2003, 8:56 AM
We did it at 6am and got a reply withing 20 seconds. Now I understand it's really bogged down. I guess it shows how many people are upset about these people who think it's okay to bother me in my house using my phone...Now we need to do something about spam!

GOOD IDEA!!

A National No-Spam List would be AWESOME!!