PDA

View Full Version : Folding Outfeed Table

Brett Luna
04-16-2018, 8:29 PM
I finally finished my folding outfeed table this weekend:

I’ve been meaning to build one for a long time but I’m now glad I didn’t get around to until I got the new saw. It’s based on a plan from the February 2009 issue of Woodworkers Journal, with a couple of minor changes. Materials are Formica over an MDF core for the table sand maple for the trim and other parts. Finished simply with wax.

Bruce Page
04-16-2018, 8:32 PM
Nicely done, you will enjoy using it.

Doug Garson
04-17-2018, 12:51 AM
Well done I have a similar design on my saw, if I recall I followed Lanny Shaughnessy's Youtube video which may have been based on the same article.

Gary Thinglum
09-04-2018, 8:45 AM
Looks great, I built the same table for my Unisaw. I love it. Also, a great work area. It is very sturdy. I did one change when I made mine. Where the lag screws are for the table pivot, I purchased two bushings (Lowes), drilled the hole larger and inserted the bushings. That way the wood is not wearing when the table is raised, and lowered. Works great.
I wish I had made the table years ago.

Ted Calver
09-04-2018, 10:50 AM
Great looking table, Brett! As an aside, the missus and I have been having a discussion about adding a freezer to the garage. I suggested a chest type. She said no, only an upright... because of my tendency to turn any horizontal surface into a collection point for "stuff" and she won't be able to get into it easily. Looking at your freezer in the background, I think she might be right.:D

Jon Nuckles
09-05-2018, 4:05 PM
That looks great. When I downsize my shop and no longer have room for a permanent outfield table, I'll come back to this.

Phillip Gregory
09-15-2018, 8:04 AM
Good work! I built a similar outfeed table and it's a very solid design.

Great looking table, Brett! As an aside, the missus and I have been having a discussion about adding a freezer to the garage. I suggested a chest type. She said no, only an upright... because of my tendency to turn any horizontal surface into a collection point for "stuff" and she won't be able to get into it easily. Looking at your freezer in the background, I think she might be right.:D

I have one of each type of freezer and the upright freezer is definitely the way to go. Things easily get buried in the bottom of a chest freezer, but not so with an upright. The only advantage to a chest freezer is that it is a *little* more energy efficient.

Ted Calver
09-15-2018, 11:20 AM
....I have one of each type of freezer and the upright freezer is definitely the way to go. Things easily get buried in the bottom of a chest freezer, but not so with an upright. The only advantage to a chest freezer is that it is a *little* more energy efficient.

Thanks for the input, Phillip. We've been shopping uprights and trying to figure out what we can do with the shelves to keep things from sliding out. Some plastic totes might be the answer.

Phillip Gregory
09-15-2018, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the input, Phillip. We've been shopping uprights and trying to figure out what we can do with the shelves to keep things from sliding out. Some plastic totes might be the answer.

Totes or baskets are the answer. My upright freezer came with several shelf-sized baskets which have been handy.

Kris Cook
12-06-2018, 8:53 PM
Nicely done. I will add to my "to do" list.